Virginia Explorers - GWNF Offroad Run Nov 2012 | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Virginia Explorers - GWNF Offroad Run Nov 2012

after some less than pleasant discussions regarding liability about driving on my property or my friends properties, i offer the following acknowledgement:

You are engaging in activities that are potentially dangerous to yourself or your property (4 wheeling). There are cliffs, holes, trees, ravines, and other features (altered or unaltered), that can pose risks. You are doing so as guests by limited invitation on on private lands. You are responsible for your own well being, destiny etc. The owner(s) of said properties are in no way responsible for you. Further the house site on said lands is under construction and has not been certified for occupancy, Thus features such as handrails on stairs and deck balustrades are incomplete. We expect that you will be capable of walking without falling down and hurting yourself and generally be responsible for yourself. If for some reason you feel that you are not willing to be responsible for yourself then you should plan on socializing and camping elsewhere. your attendance on private lands represents your acknowledgement.

now that bs is behind us..... i did not get the bulldozer as planned so i was unable to smooth out some of the hillclimbs. maybe we can actually attempt them this time anyway. i dont know if the new bog trail will be ready or not (being cut by others), the riverside trail with extensions is ready as well as one loop in doe meadows. "pussy holler" probably will not be ready for attemps this trip. i have a little wood for the campfire but you should plan on collecting some from the woods around the site.

i know we didn't think about this when we selected this date but the 17th is opening day for "firearms" deer hunting (general season). I have not allowed anyone to hunt on my land but i cannot say the same for neighboring properties. More importantly be really careful on shoe creek since most of that land is private, and i would expect that it will be full of hunters. i will not be joining you on shoe creek.

Will, are you bringing enough BBQ so that if a few neighbors stop by they can have a sandwich? i will have a few cases of beverage for saturday night as well as crock pot for the pulled pork. Will, Sorry ground floor guest bedroom is called for so you may have to pick some other floor space. i will be there thursday through sunday call me on the cell if you need anything.
i havent really seen any"" less than pleasant discussions regarding liability about driving on my property or my friends properties""" talk on here so hope everything is ok.im signing on the doted line tho:D

i totally forgot about hunting season till i went out to load my chainsaws up and my pops tells me he took them out to the clubhouse to clear roads for hunting season:(so now i dont have my chainsaw but have a battery sawzaw with a mean foot long blade:DWill said he is still bringing his tho.you have so many trails out there i doubt we have even seen half.

im packed and loaded.me and xeek will be heading out sometime in the am to come up,guessing we will be there around lunch time.im probably going to be the only one dumb enough to camp out so i wont be taking up any space inside.:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pack your woolys... its cold out this way....

the less than pleasant conversations were not on the forum.... it started with one of my neighbors when they asked arent you afraid of getting sued if somene gets hurt? further discussions with insurance type people left me so paranoid that i didnt even want to get out of bed....thus the unecessary? notice.

if you drive your car off a cliff, its not the cliffs fault, and not the owner of the cliffs fault. anyway i will be leaving in about 30 minutes and i will see you guys there in a couple hours.

pack your woolys... its cold out this way....

the less than pleasant conversations were not on the forum.... it started with one of my neighbors when they asked arent you afraid of getting sued if somene gets hurt? further discussions with insurance type people left me so paranoid that i didnt even want to get out of bed....thus the unecessary? notice.

if you drive your car off a cliff, its not the cliffs fault, and not the owner of the cliffs fault. anyway i will be leaving in about 30 minutes and i will see you guys there in a couple hours.

O ok.knew you said something about some other guys maybe coming up last weekend and didnt know if someone maybe got hurt.that's good.it is sad now of days you gota cover your ass like that but don't think you have anything to worry about with us;) ill be hitting the road soon.see you in a little bit buddy;)
WWWWWWOOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOO;)

I've got a million dollar liabilty on my truck insurance. Healt insurance premums are paid and I carry the insurnce card everywhere. So I think that i should be covered.

I've got a million dollar liabilty on my truck insurance. Healt insurance premums are paid and I carry the insurnce card everywhere. So I think that i should be covered.

Hahah I've got roll over insurance and my will is up to date!!;)

so we haven't really discussed trail communications IE CB radios who all has 1 and does anyone have an extra antenna I could borrow?

I've got a CB in the truck, need to tune it though! I do not have any extra atenna. My apologies.

I have 1 and an extra antenna but left both at home:(

Did I read that there will be space inside the cabin to sleep? I don't care, I would be outside in a tent in a sec, or since i'm only staying Sat to Sun. I would sleep in the truck.

But.....My girl is coming along and she is new moved to the area from Puerto Rico and has never lived in cold weather...so yeah.

Yeah. There's room for sure though not your own room so to speak

So tomorrow morining is the plan to begin with a run up Shoe Creek?

For those coming up on Saturday where are we meeting and when?

My cell phone is 804 901-2176.

anyone not here already have a spare first gen manual front hub?mine is shot:(

I will be there late tonight, ~11pm.

JD, Freddy.. I'll call or text one of you guys as I get close. Hopefully I don't wake anyone.

I'm going outside to install all new brakes...

I am planning on trying to make it to Fishfood's place by 7 am. my number is 619 322 9832.

...Somebody please get some before pictures of his ride..Thanks..:popcorn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We made it home. No damade, but I did not wheel at Fishfoods.

Back