Virginia Explorers - GWNF Offroad Run Nov 2012 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Virginia Explorers - GWNF Offroad Run Nov 2012

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Was about to ask how she was doing... I saw it was gone...
warranty feels nice eh?

food for thought, my driver side emergency shoes had separated from the steel and was floating around...
I had noticed a slight loss of power and I'm sure that was it...

bout time brando! guess you dont need a battery anymore and i wont get to use your brand new in box tranny jack :(

will, i think mine blew apart to. doesnt look like much of a pad is there anymore. on top of the seal leak is prob why. i never had a the ebrake hooked up so it couldnt be from using it lol

food for thought, my driver side emergency shoes had separated from the steel and was floating around...
I had noticed a slight loss of power and I'm sure that was it...

My 05 did that a couple years ago.

Your truck has a solid 8.8 and not the ******* IRS rear 8.8.

All i know is i just did my axle seal on the rear and it took my about 4 hours to get the DAMN aussie apart and the DAMN c-clip out!!!:(i replaced both side just so i would never have to deal with it again.just need to do the f150 seats up front and my truck is ready;)

*f150 seats and an alignment* lol
i have an 8.8 with an aussie and blown seals waiting for you also :p

about all i have to do is new plugs and an air filter. i doubt im doing the axle before the trip

Yea ill come over sat and mock up that 8.8 wile you pull the f150 seats out.ill show you how to take that aussie apart but you gota do it;)
o and you kno i use a stick to align my truck;)

while i pull the seats? well **** id have done that a month ago if that was the case lol. you said you were gonna do it :p

That was before i got delegated to cutting and welding a rear end up!not to mention dealing with taking that assuie apart!
ok getting way off topic!!

So the question is can i get an aux air tank installed before the trip, along with painting the frame and purchasing/installing BTF UCA's. I'm thinkin no on the UCA's, which is ok because mine work just fine.

So the question is can i get an aux air tank installed before the trip, along with painting the frame and purchasing/installing BTF UCA's. I'm thinkin no on the UCA's, which is ok because mine work just fine.

What size tank you looking at?i don't know if 2nd gets have the same little space i put mine at but a 8.5 fits perfect between our frame rails.its like that spot is made for a air tank.i have that 3"bl tho;)the smaller 5-6gal should fit if you don't have a bl.same length just not as big around

2011-10-26173250.jpg

Dbl post but i cant del anymore:(not elite

Well now that is just purtty! I wish I had that kind of room. I've got two exhaust pipes that run through there along with a gas tank and other stuffs. I do have a body lift though and still no dice. I'm going to go with a Pancake style 4 gallon and put it where the spare tire was.

Well now that is just purtty! I wish I had that kind of room. I've got two exhaust pipes that run through there along with a gas tank and other stuffs. I do have a body lift though and still no dice. I'm going to go with a Pancake style 4 gallon and put it where the spare tire was.

Gas tank is right in front of it and i had to cut my pipes off to get it in there.yea pancake was my original plan but just didnt work out right.i still have a pancake tank,think its 6gal

I saw the six gallon ones but they were too tall! How tall is the one you have? Maybe i'll buy it from you. The 4 gallon ones are only 8 inches.

I saw the six gallon ones but they were too tall! How tall is the one you have? Maybe i'll buy it from you. The 4 gallon ones are only 8 inches.

Ill measure when i get home but thinking it was more like 9.5-10".you could just have it if it would work for you,its just taking up space.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I might be in also. I should have my lift on and the 4406 swap. I'll keep u posted.

Back