Warrior 153 shackles install with pics | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warrior 153 shackles install with pics

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You only have to lift the truck under the frame and adjust high to fit your shackles

Easier than lift under the U bolts and then use an other jack to adjust the high.

Don't even need to take off the wheels.

isnt that what i posted? :wtf:

hi i have a 95 ex 4x4 mm did u have to make the holes biger from the shackles?? and do u think tat if i put my liefSpring Over the Axle is tat save for my ex??

I did not have to re-drill any holes. As far as a SOA goes.. that in itself is about 4-5" of lift, adding the shackles will be about 6-7" of lift, you might start to see driveline angle problems. Being that your Explorer is a 95, the only way you would be able to match the amount of lift from a SOA in the rear would be either a sloped BL and TT or a front IFS lift, which is PRICEY! Do some searchin, figure out what your needs are and go from there. IF i lift my 97 and thats a big if, I will just be doing the TT and rear shackles and be able to run 32s or 265s.

Great write up fellas! As I sit here readin this looking at the pics of the install I can't help but think, why can't we put th axle on the lower side of the leaf springs...? Might be an idiotic question from a noob but it looks as if it would get a significant amout of lift from just reversing the current install. Hope someone can guide me thru the darkness. Hope to hear from u guys soon! Just got a 94 4 door for 370.00 bucks and it runs like a top! Woot came up!

Yep called a Spring Over Axle lift. Or SOA. Lifts about 5 1/2 inches.

It's hard to match up front without getting expensive or using body lifts.

Edit: beat me to it sparky!

hey guys i just ordered the 3 in body lift and the add a leif kit from 4 wheel parts and the question i have is where do i get the coil spacers to finish gettin the parts i need for my 94... and all in all did i do that right will that combo work for five inches of lift?

i havent done a add a leaf but a shackel would have been easyer and you cn make yours at home like i did but mine are stronger then the crappy ones offline

This project is frustrating

Ok, so I attempted to do this on my '00 Mounty. The lower bolts came out with no issue, just a little persuasion (read big hammer). I cannot get the upper frame bolts out to save my life. Any suggestions? I am tired of my nice new shackles sitting in the back of my truck instead of on the damn thing.

Thanks! :usa:

Please advise.. Im new to this, what is the actual benefit from doing this? does it lift up the rear end, and how much? What size was used in the pictures to replace the stock ones? When the new shackles are put on does anything else need to be replaced?
-Kug

Yes, adding shackles in the rear will lift it, how much depends on what type, I believe that "warrior 153" shackles lift 1.5 inches, or you can go to autozone and get some for 20$ but they might not hold up as well, and you shouldnt need to replace anything else, except perhaps the bushings, but only if you get a lot of snow.

the bushings on the shackles? if so im not too worried about that. And this is really easy to do im assuming based on reading all of this?
thanks
_kug

The bushings aren't actually on the shackles but the leaf springs, and its not hard, but it may be time consuming, it took me roughly 2 hours the first time(it would have helped if I had a better jack, I was using the stock), but it could take as little as 45 mins, like I said depends on how much snow you get and how rusted they are.

What size were the bolts that attach the shackles to the leafs? Im gonna be diong this tomorrow, and i wanna make sure i have bolts to do this with. As well as some thread lock! hell yea!
-Kug

Well if you buy new shackles they should come with bolts, and I honestly have no idea, lol

my shackles didnt come with bolts, but i figured that i would buy new ones to have incase i sheared a bolt by accident. and by the way, the rain is delaying me!
good ole jersey weather!
-Kug'

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my shackles didnt come with bolts, but i figured that i would buy new ones to have incase i sheared a bolt by accident. and by the way, the rain is delaying me!
good ole jersey weather!
-Kug'

True, also the factory shackles are wicked thin the new ones are thicker so the bolt length will change to. Sorry though don't know exact size.

Back