Water-tight Cargo box tonneau cover | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Water-tight Cargo box tonneau cover

DudeMacs

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Ford Sport Trac
Does anybody know how water tight the Cargo box hard tonneau cover is?

We need to carry a couple of guitar amplifiers and I was wondering how this would work in keeping our amps dry.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ive got a 07 with the hard cover. It seems to be completely water tight. Ive had things in the bed when ive had it washed and stayed completely dry.

Can't say the same...I would not put my amp in there....although the front seems to be better than the back.

Still.....wait for a dry day....or go unplugged!

I've got the hard cover on my 07 and no problems with it leaking so far. I've had it on and off a few times too.

Does the dealer advertise the cover as being weather resistant? I'm looking at an 08 Trac and talking with the salesman he couldn't give me an answer one way or the other on this issue.

Love the new Tracs by the way! It was at the bottom of my list until I test drove one. Now it's at the top. Just need to get the wife on board... :)

Im not sure on that but 1 year 23k and being on and off numerous times still no leaks.

Sport Trac Test Drive

Does the dealer advertise the cover as being weather resistant? I'm looking at an 08 Trac and talking with the salesman he couldn't give me an answer one way or the other on this issue.

Love the new Tracs by the way! It was at the bottom of my list until I test drove one. Now it's at the top. Just need to get the wife on board... :)

Please tell us more about the test drive. How does it compare to the Explorer, Ranger, or Escape (I won't mention the Edge, which isn't even remotely truck-like)?

The Tracs look "cool", but I don't know how to carry lumber or kayaks on them. Maybe someone has solved that problem.

BTW, do the rear seats fold flat, and is there a hatch between the cabin and the cargo bed, like in the Subaru Baja?

Thanks.

Bob

Back