WeatherTech Digital Floor Liners | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WeatherTech Digital Floor Liners

jeeden

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
So WeatherTech now has the 2011 explorer listed on their site with the front Digital Fit Floor liners. They show tan, grey, and black and are $99.

I have never gotten the digital fit ones before, always the All Weather rubber ones, not so sure about these, hopefully the All Weather will come out soon along with the cargo mat.

Not so sure about color either to match the light stone leather. It is so light it is almost a tan (which is why I like it), but the tan floor mats seem like they wouldn't match, might have to go with the grey, but they are pretty dark.

460851_Prius_08.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice. I might have to get those in gray to contrast the all black.

Are the all weather ones better? Not sure how they are different.

Thanks for the update. I want/need the cargo mat for my new Explorer! I wish Ford would make more accessories.

I really like the cargo mat I got directly from Volvo for my old XC90. I also purchased the Dog Gate/Guard for my cargo area from Volvo. What's nice about that is - the color match is perfect.

Are the all weather ones better? Not sure how they are different.

The All weather ones are really just very heavy duty rubber. I have had them in my explorers in the past and they have done a great job, one finally wore through at the heel point on the drivers side of my 92 explorer after 12 years of use. They hold up to a gallon of water each I think. Your not supposed to, but I just place them on top of my regular mats.

These digital cut ones I think are much more rigid. They have basically created a profile of the floor area and molded them out of a plastic or plastic/rubber combo. You take the old mats out and these go down.

I think the all weather pros are
  • More moveable
  • hold more water/snow/dirt
  • "quieter" since it is a softer material

I think these digital cuts pros are
  • even tougher
  • cover more area of floor
  • lower profile
  • more permanent

total speculation on my part for the digital cuts, maybe someone here can chime in

Those do look interesting and you can get all 3 rows and the cargo mat for 230$ I still like the look of the laser cut mats from weathertech better though. The go right up the edge and leave nothing bare so no water will ever get under it.

WeatherTech are the superior mats for complete coverage . Especially if you have kids with muddy soccer boots or a propensity for liquid spills. After stepping in with mud or snow the mats hold everything and keep the carpet prestine. A must have IMO.

Damn I just found out weathertech has a Canadian site that I must order from, being Canadian, at the mats are 30% more expensive!

Damn I just found out weathertech has a Canadian site that I must order from, being Canadian, at the mats are 30% more expensive!

That sucks.

Take a ferry across to the states? Are there ferrys? Total guess.

I freaked out too.

But be careful.....if I read it correctly the Can site includes shipping where the US site adds shipping at the checkout.

So the difference is much smaller, still a difference though.

That is the site I've been checking. $130 for just the front mats. I think I'll get the Ford all weather mats from the dealer. $123.31 for the 4 piece set. The driver's side locks in place. The cargo mat I'll get from WeatherTech when it is available. The mat shown in the link posted above, doesn't seem to have a raised lip running around it like I have in my Highlander. I think the WeatherTech ones do.
Another item I'm looking at is a Rear Bumper Protector. It is a piece that is put on the top part of the rear bumper to prevent it from getting scratched when putting things in the back. I believe it is glued or put in place with 2 sided tape. It is shown on the handout 2011 Explorer Ford Custom Accessories that my salesman gave me. Unfortunately the parts department didn't have any info on it yet. This getting a bit frustrating and is an area where I believe Ford really 'dropped the ball'.:(

That is the site I've been checking. $130 for just the front mats. I think I'll get the Ford all weather mats from the dealer. $123.31 for the 4 piece set. The driver's side locks in place. The cargo mat I'll get from WeatherTech when it is available. The mat shown in the link posted above, doesn't seem to have a raised lip running around it like I have in my Highlander. I think the WeatherTech ones do.
Another item I'm looking at is a Rear Bumper Protector. It is a piece that is put on the top part of the rear bumper to prevent it from getting scratched when putting things in the back. I believe it is glued or put in place with 2 sided tape. It is shown on the handout 2011 Explorer Ford Custom Accessories that my salesman gave me. Unfortunately the parts department didn't have any info on it yet. This getting a bit frustrating and is an area where I believe Ford really 'dropped the ball'.:(

I have the OEM Ford Explorer rubber mats that came with delivery for $100.

They suck, they cover only the very small flat portion of the floor and the edges and sides of the carpet get covered in snow and mud from kids.

WeatherTech is worth it to me.

I also got the OEM all-weather rubber floor mats with my 2011 Ex and for $64 (invoice price, $75 retail) for all four they are hard to beat. Sure they're not quite as good as the raised-lip WeatherTechs but those are 3 times as much (assuming the rears are also $100). The final nail in the coffin is the fact that I will only use the rubber mats for half the year, winter.

I bought the Rear bumper protector almost a month ago direct from ford, great investment and easy to install, now I feel comfortable resting things there putting them in the back.

I have the OEM Ford Explorer rubber mats that came with delivery for $100.

They suck, they cover only the very small flat portion of the floor and the edges and sides of the carpet get covered in snow and mud from kids.

WeatherTech is worth it to me.
I can see your point of view given your circumstances but I'll be the only user of the vehicle except for the ocassional passenger. The dogs ride in back on the yet to be purchased cargo mat! :D

I bought the Rear bumper protector almost a month ago direct from ford, great investment and easy to install, now I feel comfortable resting things there putting them in the back.

Can I get the part number for that cover?

I would like that too.

Does husky liner have anything out yet? For what its worth I prefer the hard plastic liners that hold water and dirt in, just dump/hose them out when they get dirty. I also prefer the hard plastic ones because in other cars and one of my explorers the softer ones eventually develop holes especially under the clutch pedal (not that any newer explorer has one).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought the rear bumper cover as well, so dealers in Canada have them. I will be ordering the front and secound row as well as the cargo mats from weathertech in the states and if you order all 3 you get free shipping. I will just get them sent to a buddies over the boarder. I will probably save 100 over the Canadian site.

Back