Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Welcome New Members!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NoBoundaries, December 7, 2000.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. emt4three

emt4three New Member

City, State:
      Brookville, Pennsylvania
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      01 explorer sport
      Howdy, name is Chris. From western PA, just picked up a 01 ford explorer for dirt cheap, has a few issues that im working on and hoping to make a really nice little vehicle for myself.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. c_monster70

c_monster70 New Member

City, State:
      Cabot, Ar
      01 F250 CC LWB Lariat
      Hi. I have a tech question about the site, and I don't see a sub forum dedicated to that, so I hope it's ok to ask it here.

This is only my 7th post, but I've already received 6 email notifications. Is there a way to disable this function. I like the "alerts" deal at the top of the page, but the email notifications has got to go.

Thanks,

Scott

EDIT: Now that I've posted this I see the suggestion box all the way at the bottom. Mods feel free to move this at your leisure. If need be.

EDIT2: Nevermind. Found it in browsing preferences. Thanks!

Last edited: April 18, 2017
    4. Rustydog001

Rustydog001 New Member

City, State:
      Bethel Park, Pa
      1998 Explorer XLT
      Ken 1998 Explorer XLT SHOC V6 Bought new in 1998, 164K miles now. Was flat towed behind a motorhome for better that 50k miles, towed miles are not included in the registered 164K.

Ken

5. Stormseer

Stormseer New Member

City, State:
      Maryland
      2014 Explorer Sport 4WD
      Hello. My Name is Bill I'm from MD. I just bought a 2014 Sport 4WD, on Tuesday. I'm enjoying it so far.

6. Krzyzol

Krzyzol New Member

City, State:
      Canada
      1991 Ford Explorer EB
      Hi everyone, my name is Adam at the moment living in Canada. I got 91 Explorer Eddie Bauer. Glad to be here, this the best explorer forum ever !

7. jtwn

jtwn New Member

City, State:
      Ontario
      2017 Explorer Limited
      Hi all, I'm James from Southern Ontario and I'm waiting for my first ever Ford (actually first ever American car). Ordered a 2017 Explorer Limited in Smoked Quartz. The wait is killing me so I joined this forum to compulsively learn about all things Explorer.

8. Sheepdog100

Sheepdog100 New Member

City, State:
      Birmingham,Alabama
      2000 Explorer XLT
      Hi guys my names Trentin but im known as Sheepdog I have a green (soon to be white) 2wd 2000 Ford Explorer XLT with a 4.0l SOHC V6. Glad to be apart of the forum and hope to give and gain some good knowledge.

9. Tas246 Explorer

Tas246 Explorer New Member

City, State:
      New Hampshire
      2015 Explorer Base
      Hi All, my name is Todd and I just bought a 2015 Explorer base model with the tow package and it has 27k miles on it. Splurged and bought the 10yr/100k additional warranty.

My 1997 Dodge Dakota needed major frame work and my 2004 MAZDA 6 had 193k miles on it so I thought I would combine the two and get one vehicle. Going to take a bit to get used to just having one vehicle plus a 1979 Suzuki GS 850 motorcycle.

Although my main purpose is to have a multipurpose vehicle, I really needed something to tow my race bike with as my season starts in 4 days. So I chose an Explorer. Will tow my 6.5x10 heavy duty homemade utility trailer with it and for now I'll put an air mattress in the back for a place to sleep. I had been using my Dakota with a cap for my sleeping quarter.

Seems to be a very nice riding truck and definitely bigger than my old MAZDA.

I'm sure I'll be posting questions about towing and such.

Well I'm off to searching the forum for more info on the Explorer and towing specs.

• Like Like x 1
    10. Dofter

Dofter New Member

City, State:
      Flagstaff, Arizona
      1999 Mercury Mountaineer
      Hello everybody. Just joined you guys. I have a 99 Mecury Mountaineer (I know I'm fancy :cool:) 5.0 AWD and a 91 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 2wd.

My first question is such a green question, how do I upload a profile picture?

• Like Like x 1
    11. Nowicki

Nowicki New Member

City, State:
      Md
      2004 explorer sport track
      Hi. Larry here in Baltimore Md. I am the happy owner of a 2004 explorer sport track. Found you guys looking to find some answers to some issues. I'll ask in the other sections. Glad to be here.

• Like Like x 1
    12. DewDad

DewDad New Member

City, State:
      Chicago Burbs
      2013 Explorer XLT
      Hey all, Tim here from the northern Chicago burbs. Just traded my Jetta for a 2013 Explorer XLT. NEEDED the space upgrade due to two boys playing travel baseball and both being catchers....and all my coaching crap. LOVE the space. Starting to love this SUV and wondering why I didn't get one before.

13. Peter Deptula

Peter Deptula New Member

City, State:
      plymouth
      2000 ford ranger
      Pete here how can I find out what year my engin and trans are from

14. Burddog

Burddog New Member

City, State:
      Des Moines, IA
      2002 Ford Explorer XLT
      I am a new/returning member. Had several Rangers and now am on my third Explorer. Should have gone with the Explorer right away and skipped the Rangers. Now I have a 2002 XLT with the V8. First V8 Explorer. I like it! Zippy is an understatement. Scary acceleration compared to my 4.0 ltrs. I figure it will have no trouble pulling my 5x10 trailer with a couple of lawn mowers. My concern is the lower fuel mileage, but have been reading on here about there being not enough difference to worry about.
      I got this 2002 in April of 2017 with 96,000 miles on it and amazing care by the first and only owner. (80 years old, he bought it when he was 65!) This thing is like showroom condition. He even changed the plugs at 60,000 miles. 3,000 mile oil changes too. Amazing. Here is the deal. I want to put a full K&N breather system in this truck. Does anyone have experience with this? It worked well for one of my 6 cyl. Rangers. Would like to get some input. Thanks. Roger (Burddog) in Des Moines, IA.

15. fordandthensome

fordandthensome New Member

1995 ford explorer
      hello everyone saw your site .from:whitenavajo: the sunshine state of fla

16. murdok061

murdok061 New Member

City, State:
      Almeria
      Explorer 1998, 4.0L V6
      Hello, my name is Paco and I'm from Spain, I just bought an XLT V6 SHOC Explorer from 1998. I read a little in the forum and the information is very good, I hope to learn a lot from you and contribute what I can.

17. San Diego 619

San Diego 619 New Member

City, State:
      San Diego
      2002 Ford Explorer XLS
      Good Morning from San Diego.....!!!!! Looks like a great site, with lots of valuable info. Just trying to keep my 2002 Explorer alive lol She has been great to me.....Now if you could just point me in the right direction, to get some help on AC/Vent blower, doesn't seem to be blowing hard on Max A/C or vents.!! Have a great day....!!

18. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    19. Knight1419

Knight1419 New Member

City, State:
      Orlando, FL
      2013 Base w/ Leather
      Hey all, I am new to the site, I have been a member for a while and forgot my login so created a new one. I started off with a 1997 dark green Eddie Bauer Edition Explorer, owned a 2003 XLT for 100k miles and ran it until engine failure at 200k miles.

Now I own a 2013 Base model in black with the optional leather and heated seats. I have 43,000 miles and it runs well. Have a couple little issues here and there that I hope the forum can help me with. The little fan that is behind the steering wheel and is close to the ignition is giving me a high pitched squeak that is hard to hear unless it is totally quiet and drives me nuts sometimes. I took it out the dash pops out and its just a small computer type fan, cleaned it out best we could and popped it back in. Worked great for few days then noise returned, it was covered in dust etc so maybe it needs a second cleaning?

Also my door has been saying it is unlocked, the front driver door, it does it 50% of the time and opening it 1-15 times will alleviate the issue. Have no sprayed WD-40 or anything. Watched a few youtube videos on the lock and one shows a guy trimming the little white L shaped piece that touches the door locking plate (sorry if this info isn't exactly technically right) so I want to investigate more before i do anything like that but it is driving me a little nuts too especially when out with the fiancé.

Lastly my 3rd row of seats doesn't fold all the way down because the pull handle was ripped out but is still there in the car so I need to reattach it somehow. I want to do these things on my own or with the help of a good friend who is a Deputy Sheriff and another who works on the Deputies vehicles for city maintenance.

I love my 2013 Explorer and having the small issues is not big deal I would just like to deal with them and if anyone could help point me in the right direction or has any answers I would greatly appreciate it. I have grown up with explorers and also want to turn my base into more of an interceptor look with a black grill, tint, bumper bar and black steel rims so I am looking to buy those three items if I can find any in black that are used I have a 2013 base. I would gladly swap someone for a black grill. Very nice to meet you all and can't wait to get more involved. Thanks y'all! - Jake

20. Beankster

Beankster New Member

City, State:
      Albuquerque new mexico
      2000 Ford explorer xlt v8
      Hi everyone, I am new to the group, I have trolled your pages more than once looking for answers, and have been very happy with what I have found. I have several explorers that I maintain for the family. six to be exact lol. right now I am trying to find out two things. First where is the receiver for the key fob located on a 2001 explorer sport trac? Second, if it did not come with one originally can you install one from a junkyard car or do you have to buy it brand new? thanks for any help with this.

21. Amador_r25

Amador_r25 New Member

City, State:
      Washington
      1996 Ford Explorer Xlt
      Hello People!! My names Amador, I'm from washington. I currently own a 1996 explorer xlt with a 4.0 and 4wd
      I've always been on here getting tons of help from reading peoples threads and I just decided to make an account!
      Looking forward to getting more help and thanks to the explorer threads for helping me out so much.

22. Eject

Eject New Member

City, State:
      Toronto, ON
      2017 Explorer Sport
      Hello everyone, after 38 years of life and a dozen or so VW's and a Subaru, I placed an order for for an Explorer Sport over the weekend. I've been in the automotive industry for quite a while starting as a partsman at my local Porsche dealer, then off to Mercedes-Benz followed by director of Operations for an aftermarket automotive manufacturer specializing in composites. I'm now with a supplier to Ford doing some fun stuff.

So, I guess I drank the Kool-Aid and shelled out for an Ecoboost. This won't be my first turbo charged engine I've have a Jetta with a 1.8T (turbo) engine, they use a small turbo and still have high compression and output 180hp and can be tuned to 210hp with ECU software. The European engines love 0W40 synthetic motor oil.

My car modding days are long over and I just want a fun and reliabe car to tote the family aroundp in.

I live in a rural area and I'm considering consealing a LED Lightbar within the front grille opening to brighten up the dark country roads.

I have a lot to learn about the Explorers and 3.5l Ecoboost and this seems like just the place to do that.

23. Edward S Blanford

Edward S Blanford New Member

City, State:
      Palm Coast
      2008 explorer xlt
      Just bought a silver 2008 Ford Explorer XLT. Loving it so far. Looking at making a few modifications. I appreciate any tips and ideas.

• Like Like x 1
    24. LUV40SW

LUV40SW New Member

City, State:
      Edmond, OK
      2014 Explorer Limited
      Just bought a 2014 Explorer Limited about a month ago. Loving it! This is my 4th Explorer and best so far. Looking forward to using this forum.

• Like Like x 1
    25. Chancellorsville

Chancellorsville New Member

City, State:
      El Cajon, California
      2002 Mountaineer AWD
      Hello all, been using this forum to fix up my newly acquired '02 Mountaineer with 125k miles (ignition coils, aj1e servo fix, spartan 8.8 locker), figured it's about time I register and join the fun. Planning to swap my BW4410 (awd) to a BW4411 (4x4 :D), so any advice or pointers (Like another transfer case option) would be greatly appreciated.

-Chance

26. babacoolie

babacoolie New Member

City, State:
      Brampton, Ontario
      2010 Ford Adrenalin
      Hi Folks,

I just purchased a single owned Colorado Red 2010 Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin and love it so far. It has some black wrap on the hood, roof, tails, etc., Magnaflow exhaust, 22" inch black wheels. I will be posting pictures soon. This is my first Ford....however my brother had a Lightning :)

I would like to start playing around with it a bit. First thing being the key fod. I have the separate key and fob and broke a fob the other day by sitting on my keys. Remote still works though, just the plastic circle for the thing broke. I figured this might be a good time to upgrade the key to the one piece key / fob that the Edge uses I believe. I've tried searching, however had more questions than answers. Is this mod even possible?

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to being a part of the community.