• Register Today It's free!

Wet passenger floor?????

nick75035

Reaction score
City, State
DFW
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 XLT, 202A,
Anyone else experience a WET passenger floor board? Just on a whim this morning I pulled up the all weather floor mat to confirm the carpet mat was there (see other thread) and noticed the floor was SOAKED!

Im in the Dallas area and got the car in June so Ive never driven it without the AC on. I have a feeling its a condesate drain issue. I checked the rest of the floor boards and they are dry.

Anyone else have this issue????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Soaked floor you say?

Im going with a cracked heater core, check your coolant level.

Will do. I havent had any temp issues. After reading the over heating stories I keep a pretty close eye on the temp gauge.

Have the AC drain checked. Do you see it draining out of the bottom of the truck?

Almost certain its the drain line. Drove around for 15mins with the AC on WFO and the carpet was noticably wetter.

Calling the dealership now.

Almost certain its the drain line. Drove around for 15mins with the AC on WFO and the carpet was noticably wetter.

Calling the dealership now.
nick75035,
Have you had a chance to set up an appointment with the dealer yet? I’d be happy to help with this by escalating your concern, if you’d like. So I can help, please send me a private message with your VIN, contact information, approximate mileage, and dealer info.

Cory

This morning after driving 30-45 mins the floor board is bone dry. I was supposed to take it in but cancelled. I will keep an eye on the next few days and see what happens.

Thanks Cory, I appreciate the offer.

I'm having a substantial water issue in the foot area of the front passenger side after any heavy rain event. There's so much water in the foot that the carpet and floor mat are soaked and wet to the touch. Will be taking it to the dealer. Wanted to see if there were any other experiences or an easy fix in the meantime. And before anyone asks the windows aren't rolled down. Thanks!
My wife just got home from work and it’s been raining no stop for past few days. Literally a puddle and moldy smell on passenger floor. Did you find a solution?

My wife just got home from work and it’s been raining no stop for past few days. Literally a puddle and moldy smell on passenger floor. Did you find a solution?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
NOTE: Your post has been moved to this thread in the 5th generation Explorer forum. You initially posted in the 6th gen forum. The member you quoted there, was last seen on Feb. 19, 2021, so likely isn't around any longer.

Do you have a moonroof? If so, you likely have a blocked drain tube on that side.

Peter

Back