What are these plastic strips called??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What are these plastic strips called???

oddball101

Reaction score
City, State
Columbia SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Ranger Edge 5.0
IMG_3807.jpg

Seriously, it should not be this difficult for anyone to find these frickin things, but here I am, stuck. It has been impossible for me to properly identify these plastic wear slide strips enough to actually locate them for purchase.

Please, for the love of whatever floats your boat, what are these and where do I get them.. ??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Roof rack slats:

Part Name: Roof Rack Slat Assembly
Brand: Ford Parts

FordGenuineParts.gif

Part Number: 55022

Price: $32.57
Quantity:
Or Select a dealer
for their prices and availability
+Add To Cart
Part Description: ``BEFORE 2/16/96''; Black

Quantity Per Vehicle: 4
Package Quantity: 1

I'd check a local pick-a-part for them.

Wow.. I'm searching for a week, and over night, this forum has provided the answers I've needed. Thanks, lobo411!!

**Thanks to Lobo411, I was able to locate the "roof rack center slats". They can be found at the link below in custom sizes, with a bunch of other roof rack stuff as well.

http://www.prolineracks.com/category/Roof-Racks---Permanent-10

Love this forum.

Too bad you don't live closer to me. I think I have some sort of generic strips that I got from a swap meet that you could have.

Much appreciated.. Pay it forward!! I am just glad I could finally order them. Stupid how much effort it took me to just to end up empty handed until I came here.

If you want to pay shipping, I could see if I can find them...

I am actually good now. Thanks! I just received mine in the mail yesterday. Now I am off to find properly sized and colored silicone hoses to replace all of my vacuum lines. Hopefully I will be able to find what I need to do it this weekend.

Much appreciated

I am actually good now. Thanks! I just received mine in the mail yesterday. Now I am off to find properly sized and colored silicone hoses to replace all of my vacuum lines. Hopefully I will be able to find what I need to do it this weekend.

Much appreciated

I don't know if you actually mean that you plan on using silicon hose for vacuum hoses, but silicon will not me strong enough to withstand vacuum w/o collapsing. Most vacuum lines are either thick rubber or hard plastic. Both can be purchased at any auto parts store and come in a variety of diameters.The only colored hoses (don't know what they're made of) are the ones under the dash going to various vacuum motors. I doubt you'll find any hose like that in the colors you want. Maybe you can snatch some from the salvage yard. It's not like they wear out.

I have an entire set, including a first gen roof rack, out in my junk pile.

I am a big fan of the 2nd gen roof rack. I like its low profile. Not sure how much difference there is between a 1st and 2nd gen though. If you have a pic, I would be interested to see. I don't have the "slat strips" installed yet, but I will soon.
Rack%20shot%201.jpg

Rack%20shot%202.jpg

Back