What did I knock loose? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did I knock loose?

PhillipW

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
Hello everyone,

I recently changed the blend door actuator on my explorer due to a clicking noise whenever I changed from AC to Heat. While removing a particularly pesky screw off the old actuator to remove it, my hand knocked loose a small white pipe. I felt like it just popped off, so I popped it back on. What I thought was strange was I could feel a good amount of air (when the car was running) coming out the top of this pipe. and not really anything out that bottom opening. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm sure I possibly put it back in incorrectly. I've attached a photo of the pipe I am referring to. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

image url upload

Update.

I noticed my heat isn't getting super hot, but seems to stay warmish. AC works fine, of course we are in the middle of winter.

As I mentioned in the initial post, I replaced the blend door actuator as my Explorer was exhibiting the clicking noise whenever I would switch from AC to Heat. There is no more clicking noise, and I assume the actuator is working properly as when I switch it to cold, it definitely gets cold, but the lack of hot air, and just warm air is a bit puzzling.

So I found what I *think* is the piece I knocked off and put back on. In the Ford Diagrams, I believe it's part numbers 19D888 (Hot Air Hose) and 19E628 (HVAC Heater Control Valve).

I'm still not finding much on the subject. I know that little hose has 3 openings. The one in the picture that I attached to the initial post, another that seems to connect underneath the dash, and an opening at the other end. When I put my hand on the hose, I can feel air coming out the top opening, but I can't seem to feel anything it should connect to.

Back