What did you do this weekend? Participation required | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do this weekend? Participation required

That looks good and at 125$ seems like a good deal. Looks like the same kind I have, I'll have to get it painted to but I have kind of grown to like the black on white

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice. I saw your post offering the factory cover for sale so I knew you'd bought it and I was wondering what brand you got. Looks like the same model I have. Mine's white on a silver truck which looks ok. I wondered what it would cost to have one repainted in the off chance I find one for the other truck. Thanks for posting.

Ford refers to the tool tray as a "sight shield". :scratch: Stock on 2001-02 ST only. (1L5Z 8C291 AB)

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1038493&SUB=1038494

When I got back from the salvage yard yesterday, I checked the shield from the Sport against my '01 since the part # differs from the above. I just checked my '02, and it doesn't have it! I guess I'll be looking for another one for myself.

I also got the driver's side fender and airbag from the Sport at the salvage yard yesterday - which is why I wasn't charged for the shield. That Sport has no body damage or rust. Too bad it ended up at the salvage yard.

When I got back from the salvage yard yesterday, I checked the shield from the Sport against my '01 since the part # differs from the above. I just checked my '02, and it doesn't have it! I guess I'll be looking for another one for myself.

I also got the driver's side fender and airbag from the Sport at the salvage yard yesterday - which is why I wasn't charged for the shield. That Sport has no body damage or rust. Too bad it ended up at the salvage yard.

If you want to hold onto it, knowing your 02 is w/out, I'd understand- but if not I'm still interested.

I started to clean the interior and geez does it need some work. I'll have to do a couple sections at a time when I have the time. Using apc for the initial wipe down followed with interior detailer/cleaner and top off w/ natural shine. Trying to get in all the cracks/crevices and just working around the seats on the floor but really need to take the seats out for that deep floor cleaning. Maybe when I'm ready to swap seat bottoms (passenger to driver).

Also stacked up my old tires and started to spray them as 1 huge minion for my girls- when I get the eye, I'll have to put up a picture

Nice. I saw your post offering the factory cover for sale so I knew you'd bought it and I was wondering what brand you got. Looks like the same model I have. Mine's white on a silver truck which looks ok. I wondered what it would cost to have one repainted in the off chance I find one for the other truck. Thanks for posting.
Mines made by A.R.E , i searched around here in florida at afew places , highest quote was $400 , but macco came in at just $125 so i had to go with that ..... they said they recently painted a full size topper for $250 and since mines 1/2 the size they said $125 :thumbsup:

Lockers were all buttoned up on Thursday night! Unfortunately no time this weekend to test em out other than the clunking on pavement in tight turns, but they're finally installed.

Lockers were all buttoned up on Thursday night! Unfortunately no time this weekend to test em out other than the clunking on pavement in tight turns, but they're finally installed.

Just in time for the good weather.

Just in time for the good weather.

For sure! I missed a ride with the Clemson offroad club to Gulches this weekend, but hopefully I can get down there in a month or so. And we are hosting/running a rowing regatta this upcoming weekend so that pushes the fun out even further. Dang responsibilities getting in the way of having a good time.

For sure! I missed a ride with the Clemson offroad club to Gulches this weekend, but hopefully I can get down there in a month or so. And we are hosting/running a rowing regatta this upcoming weekend so that pushes the fun out even further. Dang responsibilities getting in the way of having a good time.

Preaching to the choir. What I did this weekend was school work (last semester of master program), chase a baby (second on the way btw) and a little yard work. Oh, and I worked Saturday morning and had a meeting tonight.

Hey last semester! I'm graduating undergrad this semester and now the job search begins... It's good to be in upstate SC with all of the manufacturing around though.

If you want to hold onto it, knowing your 02 is w/out, I'd understand- but if not I'm still interested.

I got this one for you. I wouldn't have given it any thought if you hadn't brought this up. Didn't have time to box it up today as I spent the afternoon "supervising" a plumber cleaning 60 yrs of build up from the drain pipe.

Changed my axle oil, new cover, new greasable bushings. will have to get 90 degree zerks for the bushings, shocks in the way...
WP_20150922_17_51_09_Pro%202_zpsowz8zsw2.jpg

^ energy suspension or prothane, universal? stock bar (19mm)- have a pn

I have this pn 4.5153R for the rear but it's not including greasable bushing or bracket. Really don't need the kit like I listed since I have new rear moog links to install

Kyle, Todd's project adding zerks to the stock rear brackets should work fine. Stock brackets are much heavier gauge than the aftermarkets, and the ES bracket bolt spacing is not wide enough for the rear. I added 1/4-28 zerks with a 60 degree angle to my stock front brackets and it worked very well. Having grease channels in the bushings helps, but isn't required for grease to flow completely around the bar. Looking closely, appears the ES bushing has grease channels. (Use 360* View) ---> http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/4.5153

Greasable EE Sway Bar Bushings
http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/GreasableEEBushings/GreasableEEBushings.htm

Are your front brackets the same as mine shown below?
DSC04187.jpg
DSC04189-1.jpg

L.E.D. light bar under the tailgate.

Well I didn't do much to the ST this weekend other than drive it to pick up a 03 Expedition FX4. We wanted something with more room and towing ability. Not selling either ST just adding to my fleet. This is how it looks as I bought it. Gonna put the F-150 wheels I had on the white ST on it. Gotta do some brake work and fluids.

Attachments

• 0919151118a.jpg
    0919151118a.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 211

the ES brackets fit. It's a tight fit but they definitely went on there, without modification.
You're right and thanks for the correction. I just physically compared them to the stock rear frame brackets side-by-side. I should have known because I previously used the ES 9.5161G universal greaseable brackets for my 1" Addco rear bar but used and added zerks to Addco's supplied brackets because they appeared much stronger.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Haven't done to much lately. I did pull my rear door panels off so I could 1. Paint the door handles to match the bezel/console and 2. Try to renew the faded white oxidation/break down that plagues the top of the door panels. That's why I'm starting w/ the rear panels to learn from.

It does look better than it did but still not enough for me, I just don't know what else to hit it w/. I used a combination of a heat gun, green scotch pad, brush, simple green and alcohol. I'm not concerned with the area of concern losing its texture as I am with removing any whiteness. I think I blended the area pretty good but I still have some white trail that bothers me. I may have used the heat gone to much trying for more perfection and should of stopped earlier.

What do you think and do you have any thoughts/suggestions?

87EA1B42-60EB-4BDE-9C12-07B4539A03DB_zpssddgqlgo.jpg

Back