Discussion in 'Modified 2011- 2019 Explorer Sport Tuning' started by ibmike, March 17, 2014.
That really changes the stock sport rims............ in a good way.
Join the Elite Explorers for $20 for 2 years!
Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose
fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own.
Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery,
create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Log in or Sign up to hide adverts.
@bigA That looks great. I have used Plastidip many times. I clean it with Turtle Wax Ice spray wax. Pick some up and thank me later. Serious, this stuff cleans and repels dust. Adds a slight sheen as well. Mist on, wipe off and you are good until your next wash.
New battery (Odyssey 65-PC1750T) came in the mail after a very long trip over the ocean (old 2011-installed Motorcraft original was giving up):
And put a new front emblem on my somewhat poorly plastidipped (around the emblem) grille. I'll re-plasti it one day... Back emblem needs a paint repair before I can do anything, as apparently a big chunk of paint was missing right underneath.
Tried my luck at installing the Sync 3 unit again after spending all day writing down Forscan codes to try out, and with help from this forum. In the end, per a discussion with a member, resetting all APIM codes to AsBuilt pretty much fixed everything that didn't work before (AC controls, various IPC stuff), and then I could enable stuff again. Oddly I must've messed up some value as I lost my EU languages (it's an EU unit) and ended up with US / Spanish / French language options. I'll have to figure that one out (if someone knows right away please let me know!)
Try restoring this to the value you used before:
7D0-02-01 **** xxxx xxxx Country Code: 5553=U.S., 4341=CANADA
Just installed black explorer emblem on the hood
tinted front windows 35%
Also purchased Ken60631's Velgen wheels and got done putting it on the car today!
The vehicle is looking better and better!
Finished the exterior led install now that i don't have hyper flash.
Good day, Explorer Enthusiasts! I bought a GoPro 5 Sessions Camera yesterday and was fooling around with it today and shot this video.
Disclaimer - I am an amateur and new to all this technology but edited this video with iMovie.
This is how the @Livernois cat-back downpipes sound with the OEM mufflers. This will change next week as I am installing a Borla S-Type Exhaust System. I can't wait and I'll be sure to shoot video of that as well.
I hope you enjoy and like my YouTube video on my page!
I am researching which battery to replace the OEM in my 2013. I'm out in the Nevada desert a lot so I need a really reliable battery. I am considering Optima, Die Hard, and the Odyssey. The Odyssey has my attention.
Was it a straight swap out? DId you have to reset, recalibrate, restore, etc. any of the electronics?
Thanks for any info.
With a 2013, follow the battery re-learn procedure in the manual. 2016-2017 needs a reset with an OBDII device or FORScan and it is also recommended to set the battery type particularly if switching to AGM as this changes Ford's charging algorithm. Battery type parameter/BMS reset is not applicable to 2011-2015 models.
2011-2015 Battery Relearn Procedure
Because your vehicle’s engine is electronically controlled by a computer, some control conditions are maintained by power from the battery. When the battery is disconnected or a new battery is installed, the engine must relearn its idle and fuel trim strategy for optimum driveability and performance. To begin this process:
1. With the vehicle at a complete stop, set the parking brake.
2. Put the gearshift lever in P (Park), turn off all accessories and start the engine.
3. Run the engine until it reaches normal operating temperature.
4. Allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.
5. Turn the A/C on and allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.
6. Drive the vehicle to complete the relearning process.
2016-2017 Battery Management System
– Battery Charging or Jump Starting:
• To charge or jump start the vehicle, connect the positive cable to the battery positive post and then connect the negative cable to a vehicle ground and not the battery negative post
• Connecting directly to the negative battery post can have an adverse effect on the Electrical Energy Management system
• If the battery is jump started or charged, the BCM must recalibrate the battery state of charge
• It takes 8 hours in sleep mode, with the vehicle undisturbed, no doors opened or keyless entry buttons pressed, and the total vehicle current draw less than 300mA, to calibrate the battery state of charge to a high accuracy
– Battery Replacement
• If the vehicle battery is replaced, it is very important to perform the BMS Reset using a diagnostic scan tool.
• If the battery monitoring system reset is not carried out, it holds the old battery parameters and time in service counter in memory and it tells the system the battery is in an aged state and may limit the Electrical Energy Management system functions
• NOTE: DO NOT reset the battery monitoring system using the diagnostic scan tool if the battery is not being replaced. This reset is reserved for new battery installation. Resetting the battery monitoring system will clear the learned battery data, the battery time in service, and will affect the aging algorithm parameters, which have been learned since the installation of the battery.
I got a deflector from ford... yes, it is removable as I just removed it while applying a paint sealant... simple philips screws... real easy... also great if you want to clean the back side of the deflector...
Good purchase on the wheels. Photo's please!!!
It's Xmas in July!!! Photos and videos soon!!!
It's time for a un-boxing video.
No unboxing video but here's some photos. The guys decided to work on the car tonight!!!
Your as bad as kids at Christmas................you just couldn't wait for the rest of us!
New request........... video with sound
Coming soon. editing right now. It took them 1/2 hour to install. They're the best in the business. Stay tuned!!!
Okay Explorer Enthusiasts. Here's the first video of my new Borla S-Type Cat-Exhaust System with a Livernois Catted Downpipes.
About a 45 second video of the start up and short launch. I'm editing video of my 5 minute drive home so you can hear what it sounds like when you punch it and drive at various speeds.
I hope you enjoy and please like my video on YouTube. I would be ever grateful.
DAMN Noriega, that sounds beastly!!!!
And quiet on the rides. I'm loving it so far!
I bet so, sounds so good. Nice job man!
Okay... last post of the night but for some of you who are curious about a Borla Exhaust and how it sounds on a typical drive, here you go.
This video is about 4.5 minutes long but I tried to narrate a play by play on the screen for you. I hope this helps some of you that are on the fence about a Borla Exhaust kit like I was.
Sounds so good! Nice video and editing!