What did YOU do to your Explorer today? | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Installed the rear speaker replacements to match the infinity fronts, ran wiring for subwoofer and rear camera. I installed a new head unit with bluetooth and touch screen and sorted out all the programming and testing.

Got it out to do a little exploring.
11938698_1037515522949101_794154093_n.jpg

Changed out that amazingly hard to get at O2 sensor on the drivers side.
The threaded sensor.....easy ! That damn wire harness.....that took some stretching. lol

I finally got around to removing the rusted remains of the fog light brackets after removing the bumper. Fabricated new brackets for driving lights and a light bar install behind the bumper. I still need to wire the light bare and tidy up the wiring, but that is another day.

Replaced front driver's brake hose. All 3 hoses are now new and the whole system is thoroughly bled. Matched with fixing the RABS I did the other day, I feel a lot safer with the winter months slowly creeping up.

Wash, light wax, vacuum and Rain-X!

Dropped the Topper at the paint shop for a color change to match the Sport Trac silver.

I bought a set of used 35s already on almost new rims for 150$ i f..in love cityits and craigslist

Attachments

• 20150913_225049.jpg
    20150913_225049.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 252
  • 20150913_213100.jpg
    20150913_213100.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 260
  • 20150913_232138.jpg
    20150913_232138.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 254

Wow what a steal! How are you going about clearing your fenders there though?

i cut them out and reinstalled the original flares i can turn as it is right now but im putting 2.5" spring spacers in and i just finished welding up shackles and then a 2" body lift

i cut them out and reinstalled the original flares i can turn as it is right now but im putting 2.5" spring spacers in and i just finished welding up shackles and then a 2" body lift

2.5 is really pushing it without a radius arm drop or longer arms

Finished the wiring for the new fog lights and light bar.
Investigated a leak under the front corner, found a leaking shock absorber.

Changed Transmission cooling line wich just started leaking 10$ hose anf clamp :) also did my wifes rear drums on her sunfire 110$ total

Installed Bosch Icon windshield wipers all the way around. Used 18" on the front and 15 on the rear glass. Also Rain-X'd the windshield and back glass. Never used the stuff before but I figured I'd give it a try.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I replaced the abs sensor on the rear axle, although it did not solve my abs issue.
I removed and replaced my malfunctioning horns.

Back