What do i need?

XplorerKid

Rolling on 37"s
Reaction score
City, State
Winter Haven Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Xplorer
Well im going to the mud hole this weekend, my friends driving and its kinda far away. But i need to know what all i should carry?

i know basic stuff, screwdrivers, cell fone, strap, and stuff, but my truck is VERY unreliable. it seems everytime i go on long distance trips something breaks, for example my fan throught the radiator, or my trans, Bout every part on or ndealiong with the motor has been replaced.Except the actual motor.

But can yall list some stuff that i can do to prepare it for this weekend. and what spare parts i should take ??

i already have all my breathers extended to the engine compartment.

PEACE

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A new truck?

Seriously though, if this is your DD and you rely on it for school, work, etc; then don't go. I know what it's like to not have your DD when you need it, high school, college, and med school all had times when I needed Splat and didn't have it.

Added hardship and stress in your daily life due to an unreliable vehicle isn't worth a few hours of wheeling fun.

well currently this is not my DD since i cant legally drive it to HS.

so thats not a problem.....
and im not taking it an any of the big holes, jsut in the small stuff

but some help would be nice

PEACE

An assortment of fasteners and electrical knick-knacks (spare wire and connectors).

Fluids (oil, trans, diff mainly).

Extra water: for you or for the radiator.

Bring money, it can usually fix all problems!

Also, bring a camera! We'll want to see pics.

will a radiator run on coke ?? thats what ill have in my cooler prolly....

but seriosly yeah ill have a cam.

PEACE

You need tow hooks and a tow strap. A Hi-lift jack is one of the best tools to bring also.

No way huh?! Well I got mine for like $29. Now its not a Hi-Lift its a Farm Jack but its the same pretty much. I figured it was better than nothing plus I liked that it was Yellow. Yah like color means anything right!

Let me see depending on where you wheel these were some of the things we took this past weekend on our trips.

1. 2 hand axes
2. shovel and my E-tool
3. a long Logging chain which we used to pull a tree out of trail path. Tree was maybe 1ft in diameter.
4. Wading boots and rain gear
5. Sleeping bags
6. Silver warming blanket
7. Road flares also good for starting fires
8. Knit hat to keep heat in
9. Snacks (we keep a few MRE's)
10. Gas can with gas in it
11. Enough water for self and repairs
12. I love Zip Ties for emergency fixes
13. WD-40 always good to have around
14. FRS just good idea
15. Spotter
16. Tools you know the common ones, like 10mm, 17mm sockets the stuff you use all the time when working on Ex
17. Let people know the area you are going to be in and when you anticipate return
18. Good Spare tire
19. Method to inflate a tire either pump or emergency can of tire inflator
20. Duct Tape fixes everything (hehehe)
21. Jumper Cables
22. JB Weld
23. Plastic Bags
24. Wife's Old Nylons
25. Gloves
26. Block of wood
27. Carry a spare U-joint or two
28. An extra brake line and fluid
29. ratchet straps
30. Flashlight
31. Fire Extinguisher
32. Old coffee can can be used to store stuff and have multiple uses when you break down. You can cook in it, use it to store water. My can has the following in it: 1 candle, waterproof matches, a compass/mirror/whistle combo, 50 ft nylon cord, duct tape, some wire, powdered drink pouches, 2 garbage bags, firestarter stick, spare AA batteries.

The list goes on: a Lot of these items I keep in a plastic container w/lid so I just grab the box, toss it in and roll.

Originally posted by aldive
Where are you going in the mud?

jeeze jack im going in light mud not rcockcrawling:cool:

but al you know where the International speed way in lakeland is ??

its there

PEACe

Shovel

Originally posted by XplorerKid
jeeze jack im going in light mud not rcockcrawling:cool:

Well when you've broken down as much as I have you tend to err on the side of caution. I end up stuck late at night with no one around!:p

Back