What do you drive?? Explorer? Ranger? Aerostar?? Other?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What do you drive?? Explorer? Ranger? Aerostar?? Other??

What do you drive?

• 1st Gen Explorer or Navajo '91-'94

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • 2nd Gen Explorer '95-'01

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • 3rd Gen Explorer '02-'05

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • 4th Gen Explorer '06-'10

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • 5th Gen Explorer '11- up

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Ranger

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Aerostar

• Bronco II

• Explorer Sport Trac

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Mountaineer

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
Thought I would start a poll to see what most of us on the board are driving.

You can select more than one option if you currently drive more than one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..In for the win..:D

4 banger Ranger and a 1st Gen..:biggthump

My 1st gen, 2nd gen, and Ranger are all accounted for. What do I win?

Mine '10 ST
Wife '04 Ex

3rd Gen Ex.

Daily driver? Its not the Explorer, I put around 4k miles on it last year.

10 Corolla is the DD
11 F250 6.7 is the toy

2nd Gen Explorer:exp:

Currently, I'm driving my '93 Ranger (4.0L, 5psd, 4x4). I use it for hauling scrap metal, and as "regular" transportation when needed.

I did a multiple choice vote, and also selected 2nd gen Explorer, although it hasn't been driveable for quite a while. I have a '99 Explorer 4dr. XLT (SOHC, Auto, A4wd) It sat for a few years while I was in school. While it sat, the fuel pump went bad, so it's still sitting, waiting for a new fuel pump, an exhaust, and...... oh yeah, that T-Bird M90 blower I recently picked up.... It hasn't run in about 5 years now, but I miss it, and I still plan on getting it going again, and making it my daily driver once again.

Many years ago, I owned an '89 Bronco II, as a daily driver. I loved that little thing. One day, it wouldn't start. I couldn't figure it out, and I had something else to drive. So, I parked the BII, storing it at the junkyard I was working at, until I could get back to it. It was supposed to be safe, and "off-limits". Unfortunately, my boss "forgot" it was mine and sold the windshield out of it. In order to get in it, the dismantlers used the forklift to move it, and banged up the 1/4 panel, and the glass guy smashed the back window to get in. (Gee, ya think maybe it was LOCKED, and you didn't have the key, for a reason????) I flipped out when I saw it. I might have been able to make him pay to fix it, but I would have been fired (for something else of course), so I "sold" it to him for scrap. :-(

So far it looks like I'm the only Aerostar driver here. :aerostar:

And I have the only Mountaineer. :D Rick, the masses demand a Mountaineer Smiley. :)

'94 Explorer for off-road and explorering :roll:
'03 Aviator for road and towing :burnout:

Thats not on the list.

True dat but it should be;).

We all know it is the fanciest, most powerful and best handling X of its time:notworthy:biggthump

True dat but it should be;).

We all know it is the fanciest, most powerful and best handling X of its time:notworthy:biggthump

I know that, but obviously Rick doesnt. ;)

I don't know for sure, but, I think that I just "might" be able to claim "win" status here: I trade (daily) between the 89 Ranger Scab, 90 SWB Ranger, 84 LWB Ranger, along with the 84 BII, 94 X, and the 98 Mounty for DD. My work ride also happens to be an 07 Ranger :party: Oh, and they ALL run and are insured, so :p

Daily Driver: 96' Explorer, Eddie B Edition
Toy 1: 67' Mustang Fastback, 289 bored, top loader 4 sp.
Toy 2: 08' Mustang Bullitt Edititon, Brenspeed 93 tune, UDP's.

Back