1. to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews, discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

what is "service engine" code 304?

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by kola, January 6, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. kola

kola Member

December 17, 2000

My 98 Explorer's "service engine" light came on, and the vehicle was running rough. The Ford dealership service technician said the code is 304. I have looked at the below website but do not see a 304.

Does anyone know at a code 304 is?

PS: I have been told probably either have a blown head gasket or cracked head. See "Cracked head or am I being took?" thread.
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Alec

Alec Elite Moderator Moderator Emeritus

April 25, 2000
      City, State:
      Houston, Texas
      Year and Model:
      2008 JK
      I answered in your other thread, there was no need to start a new one.

(misfire in cyl 4).