and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

what is "service engine" code 304?

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by kola, January 6, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. kola

kola Member

Hi:

My 98 Explorer's "service engine" light came on, and the vehicle was running rough. The Ford dealership service technician said the code is 304. I have looked at the below website but do not see a 304.

Does anyone know at a code 304 is?

Thanks

http://www.therangerstation.com/3digitcodes.html

PS: I have been told probably either have a blown head gasket or cracked head. See "Cracked head or am I being took?" thread.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Alec

Alec Elite Moderator Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Houston, Texas
      Year and Model:
      2008 JK
      I answered in your other thread, there was no need to start a new one.

(misfire in cyl 4).