Votes: 5 1.2%
  • 5W30

Votes: 140 33.0%
  • 5W50 synthetic

Votes: 54 12.7%
  • 10w30 synthetic

Votes: 88 20.8%

• Total voters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Better gas mileage... of course;)

I used to.....

Originally posted by AlaskanJack
Just switched over to Synthetic fluids all around!

I'm using all 5W30 ROYAL PURPLE. Anyone else use Royal Purple?

bottle158.gif
logo158.gif

but that's not a full synthetic {unless you go to the race line $$$$}

I went to Amsoil and never looked back.

For some reason I just got my e-mail notification today that there was activity on this thread...

Anyway in respone to Aldive, Rick is partly correct. I use 5w30 because of the manufacturer recommedation, but only a few qts because it just seams to be too light (hey I grew up on 10w40). If I had to choose one then it would be 10w30 all the time. The Winter sees more of the 5 because it flows faster than 10 at cold start ups and that is were most engine wear occurs. (Not everyone has a block heater like AlaskanJack).

I've been lucky in that I have found Mobil 1 in a 5qt jug for $19...

Re: I used to.....

Originally posted by William Schumacher
but that's not a full synthetic {unless you go to the race line $$$$}

I went to Amsoil and never looked back.

It's not full synthetic!!! Man at the prices I paid for this stuff, it better be. I am paying like $8 qt for the motor oil, tranny fluid, power steering fluid and then $12 something for the 16 oz bottle of purple ice for coolant. Heck I bought a 5 gallon container of the gear oil and paid $117 for it.

Re: Re: I used to.....

Originally posted by AlaskanJack
It's not full synthetic!!! Man at the prices I paid for this stuff, it better be. I am paying like $8 qt for the motor oil, tranny fluid, power steering fluid and then $12 something for the 16 oz bottle of purple ice for coolant. Heck I bought a 5 gallon container of the gear oil and paid $117 for it.

thats the info I got from the place I was getting it from....WWW.Hiperfuels.com in fact, I still have a full case oif it with the hiperfuels stickers on the bottles.
I wanted to get extended drain intervals,and NEEDED to know that my oil was indeed a full synthetic.
I was told that the Race lineup of oils were full synthetics,but the prices were through the roof ?

edit below........
I just went to the hiperfuels site and they now list these oils as full synthetics ???
I would try to get intouch with Royal Purple and find out about this if I was you,if your changing oil every 5-7 k,it won't be a problem at all.

I had Royal Purple call me back !

I was curious..what can I say ?
spoke with someone that was nice enough to stay on the phone even though I told him off the bat I'm an Amsoil customer/dealer{a dealer only to get it for myself at cost}

what he said is this oil goes along way with a bypass setup {standard full flow and a bypass type filter}
he's running it on his Dodge truck right now.

this isn't a full synthetic oil,since the additives come in a mineral base.
However,they may be one of the few that mentions the additives coming in a mineral base package.

Amsoil or RP.....you can't go wrong either way,
but I'm pro Amsoil !

Originally posted by Rick
Oil... you mean there is supposed to be oil in my rig :D

Yes Rick, there is supposed to be oil in your rig. Unless you'd rather have your engine seize. Ha Ha

Will

Saw the pics. I like. Like the tranny temp guage and tranny filter. I want one. Hey that Amsoil SDF57, ¿Isn't that the one that Amsoil calls for on our engines? Been a while since I changed mine so I dont remember. ¿How did you hook that thing up?

Nic :, that Amsoil SDF-15 is the full size engine oil filter.
I use that and a bypass {BP-100} in a dual remote bypass filter setup.

the Amsoil SDF-57,is a smaller filter that I needed for clearance issues where my remote tranny filter is located.

On the remote mount for the tranny filter is a place to add the sensor that you would also buy when you order a gauge,gauge housing {pod}then just wire it up !!

I swap between a mix of that valvoline highmileage and quakerstate 4x4 or just amsoil it all depends on the size of my wallet at the time.

just switched to 5w30 synthetic about a month ago and i love it....great stuff...Mobile 1 all the way...:D

5-30 penzoil

Mobil 1 5w-20

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

motomaster!!!!

Dont know what motomaster is do you??? Dont have Canadian Tire stores do you??? Well :p

Back