What performance chip do you have? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What performance chip do you have?

What performance chip do you have?

• Superchip

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Diablo

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Apten

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • Hypertech

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Jet

Votes: 11 18.6%

• Total voters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Apten chip for me

The only one I've ever had, so I've got no comparison to other chips.. Haven't had any of the problems many other people did (yet), in fact, no problems at all. I noticed a mild change in reaction times, and shifting (though some would say I'm full of it)

superchip. love it.

hypertech

bought at same time as hypertech for my trans am...

must say, when first installed, I was pissed. Seemed to change absolutely nothing, no faster, no much better shifting...

THEN....

I changed out thermostats as the hypertech booklet recommends. This is very key in making the most power with their programmers. I installed a 170 in my Ex and WOW was there a difference. And no problems. Gas mileage actually went up 1 mpg, much better throttle response and low-> high end power. Even changed the exhaust sound a little. The heat still works great. I just wish that the one for my explorer had all the features that the one for my T/A does....

Superchip for me.

Didn't seem to notice tons of extra HP or anything but it defenitely did make the shifting crisper. I think it shifts alot faster and smoother now. Also, it might just be me but it seemed to make it sound a little more powerful when I got on it.

I have the Jet Chip and love it (had no Prop. with it)UPDATE: My JET CHIP is working good. I little lower gas mileage. But more power Better sound. Also seems to make the trans shift a litttle better.
:D :D :D
:mad:

I love my diablo! I mean come on, you know it's awesome when the chip has horns and says I'm to horny!

I have a Jet Chip. Everyone has always said they are no good but I've had mine for a long time with no problems. I have had improvements in both the engines powerband and gas mileage.

I have the Apten and it is great! There is a huge difference in the power and shifting. Everything is improved. Also better gas mileage. Got the Apten burn on the Diablo Chip! Hands down the best.

None, but after I do a few other things (exhaust, shocks, etc), not to mention the wedding on April 5, I'll get to the chip.

Looks like it will be the Apten chip when I do buy one. I've seen so many good things on here about it, not to mention that it's priced right.

apten single chip !!

this replaced a superchip,
the Apten is performing much better for me

I have a Jett chip!!

I know, I know....it seems like most people hate em...I love mine.....I never had a problem with it at all!!! and it works like it's supposed to ...had it since 98....

Karol

somebody offer me something for my curreent motor used is fine jsut dont %$#$ me on price..

i assume that on a manual transmission a chip will do nothing for shifting... is this correct? b/c u manually do the shifting yerself... but performance wise it will help regardless of the transmission, right?

I have a Diablo chip that was originally from Apten but now has a diablo burn on it. Should be coming in a few days so I will update when I get in.

Diablo chip with Apten program. Need to install it, it's just sitting on my desk lol.

Apten

Made a killer improvement on shifting and my big improvement on power and throttle response.

Back