Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

What's the cost of labor for a transfer case?

Discussion in 'Aerostar Forum' started by Icuff4cash, September 25, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Icuff4cash

Icuff4cash Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Las vegas
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1994 aerostar awd
      as everyone knows I'm in and out of a wheel chair with muscular dystrophy . I'm strong a 10 year old girl could kick my ass in a school yard. So swapping out a 75 pound transfer case is out. I looked and beside the driveshafts looks like 4/6 bolts on the tail shaft and it's done. I've called a center who dots my major work and they want $500. And I supply the transfer case. That's like $100.00 an hour for 5 hours work. I can see 3 1/3 because your going to replace the u joints.
      What's a fair price for labor,I live in Vegas.
      Today I trimmed my fender 1inch to clear the 225/75/15 tires I installed in April. They never hit in the rear but if I smash a pothold the will scuff. No lift installed.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    4. Icuff4cash

Icuff4cash Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Las vegas
      1994 aerostar awd
      Thanks I just bookmarked it I'll call today and keep you posted. I'm surprised josh p from az hasn't chimed in.

5. Josh P

Josh P Shaggin Wagon Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Phoenix Az
      1991 aerostar
      I've been busy with work and still having issues with my own van. I have no clue on what a shop would charge cause I've never used a shop to swap a transfer case. I'd think about getting a different transfer case to swap in.