What's your status? | Page 32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Order moving along

Ordered a 2012 Limited 301A +Moonroof +Tow +Second row bucket seats and console +Splash Guards on 6/24. Heard yesterday that a VIN has been assigned and it should roll off the line approximately August 8. :D Thanks for the update Cory!

Update: Build scheduled for 8/12 - still no window sticker. Hopefully ETA to dealer will still be the week of 8/22... Thanks for the update Cory!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered a 2012 Limited 301A +Moonroof +Tow +Second row bucket seats and console +Splash Guards on 6/24. Heard yesterday that a VIN has been assigned and it should roll off the line approximately August 8. :D Thanks for the update Cory!
You’re welcome houtzb! Your order is moving right along! :)

Cory

Ordered a 2012 Sterling Grey Limited 302A +Moonroof +Tow +Rims on 6/10. Heard today that a VIN has been assigned and it should roll off the line approximately August 9th. Thanks for the update Cory!

Cool, orders are moving? Perhaps it's time for me to ask Cory for a status check :)

Hey Cory I just sent you a PM. Can you check for us...thx!

Cool, orders are moving? Perhaps it's time for me to ask Cory for a status check :)

Hey Cory I just sent you a PM. Can you check for us...thx!

Cory,

Thanks for the quick response. Here is what we know so far:

6/8: 2012 Limited, 302A ordered
?/?: VIN has been assigned (dunno what date it was assigned)
-/-: No build date yet

Again, thx for the VIN update :)

I've got my VIN as well, looks like about the same Approximately August 9th, but I haven't seen a Window Sticker yet.

Finally up my 2011 Explorer Limited on Saturday. Ordered May 16. Looks great! Too soon to know if I am having any MFT issues.

Dave

Cory,

Thanks for the quick response. Here is what we know so far:

?/?: VIN has been assigned (dunno what date it was assigned)
-/-: No build date yet

Again, thx for the VIN update :)
You’re very welcome XRider! I’m really glad I can help keep you in the loop!

Ordered a 2012 Sterling Grey Limited 302A +Moonroof +Tow +Rims on 6/10. Heard today that a VIN has been assigned and it should roll off the line approximately August 9th. Thanks for the update Cory!
No problem Texas_Ex! Drop me a line whenever you'd like me to research for more updates! :)

Cory

The story continues for me and my two vehicle orders. Yes TWO!

Miliatary car sales corporate office has called three times now trying to save their sale but still contened that my delivery day that is a full YEAR after I ordered (now 15 Dec) is due to parts shortages. Not true!

They are offering me a rental for a full two months until my order arrives. I've already ordered another vehicle through a local dealer in VA and saved almost 800 bucks in the process. Before I send the final e-mail to MCS I'm verifying that my order at the dealer has actually been placed.

I thought buying a new car should be a fun process???

The story continues for me and my two vehicle orders. Yes TWO!

Miliatary car sales corporate office has called three times now trying to save their sale but still contened that my delivery day that is a full YEAR after I ordered (now 15 Dec) is due to parts shortages. Not true!

They are offering me a rental for a full two months until my order arrives. I've already ordered another vehicle through a local dealer in VA and saved almost 800 bucks in the process. Before I send the final e-mail to MCS I'm verifying that my order at the dealer has actually been placed.

I thought buying a new car should be a fun process???
You’re right MikeFreas! Buying a car should be fun! So buying TWO should be double the fun! I’d say saving money is a good thing! Keep us updated and as always, drop me a line if I can use my resources to make it easier for you!

Cory

Unexpected Call from Dealer -- They provided me order status

Here is what I have for status as of today:

7/22: VIN has been assigned
8/8: Build date
8/22: ETA at dealership

We'll see what happens because when we ordered the X, I informed the dealer that I was hearing 12 week delivery estimates and they insisted that would not be the case with our order. Hmmm...looks like it will be more than the 6 to 8 weeks they kept telling us. :rolleyes:

I got mine!!

ordered 5/31
picked up yesterday ( 7/25) it actually arrived at the dealer on the 7/21 but I was out of town.

Hey everyone new to the forums but not explorers.
Just got done ordering a 2012 XLT 4x4, Drk Blue Ext, Black Int, 20" wheels, BLIS, 205A w/NAV, pwr liftgate. Just waiting till Thurs/Fri for an ETA.

You’re right MikeFreas! Buying a car should be fun! So buying TWO should be double the fun! I’d say saving money is a good thing! Keep us updated and as always, drop me a line if I can use my resources to make it easier for you!

Cory

I just sent an e-mail to military car sales cancling my order and requesting a refund. Though it may cost the family money in the end having to rent a vehicle if it's not delivered on time the decision was mostly based on principle. Place a order in Dec of 10 and you tell me I can't take delivery until Dec 15th of 11? Yeah right.

The dealer hopes to have a VIN next week sometime. I only hope the other post I read about a 20 week waiting time isn't true as I ordered the same vehicle.

Once again Cory thank you for the help and tell your bosses that having someone on the FB page and this forum saves sales, at least it did this one.

...Once again Cory thank you for the help and tell your bosses that having someone on the FB page and this forum saves sales, at least it did this one.
You’re very welcome! :D You can bet that I sent your post to my bosses! Please don’t hesitate to PM me with anything else you need! :)

...We'll see what happens because when we ordered the X, I informed the dealer that I was hearing 12 week delivery estimates and they insisted that would not be the case with our order. Hmmm...looks like it will be more than the 6 to 8 weeks they kept telling us. :rolleyes:
I know you’ll see that it’ll be worth the wait! :)

Hey everyone new to the forums but not explorers.
Just got done ordering a 2012 XLT 4x4, Drk Blue Ext, Black Int, 20" wheels, BLIS, 205A w/NAV, pwr liftgate. Just waiting till Thurs/Fri for an ETA.
Welcome to the forums! If you send me a private message with your VIN (if available) or order number & dealer info, I can research your status and you won’t have to wait as long!

Cory

I received my VIN today! Order submitted on 18 Jul build date of 8 Aug. Vehicle details below.

AWD Red metalic Limited
302A package
Dual Sun roof
Tow package
DVD players

Yes, there hope, I guess next week for my vin?:rolleyes:

Here is what I have for status as of today:

7/22: VIN has been assigned
8/8: Build date
8/22: ETA at dealership

We'll see what happens because when we ordered the X, I informed the dealer that I was hearing 12 week delivery estimates and they insisted that would not be the case with our order. Hmmm...looks like it will be more than the 6 to 8 weeks they kept telling us. :rolleyes:

At least you've heard from your dealer. Mine has been quiet as a mouse. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got it Cory thanks! Good news for the week!

Back