What's your status? | Page 33 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

At least you've heard from your dealer. Mine has been quiet as a mouse. :(

Tried to call my salesman today and was told that he is no longer with the dealership. WHAT!?!?!? Why wasn't I contacted and informed?
If it were up to me Cory would be getting the commission from my purchase!

Tried to call my salesman today and was told that he is no longer with the dealership. WHAT!?!?!? Why wasn't I contacted and informed?
If it were up to me Cory would be getting the commission from my purchase!
Maybe it has just happened, but… Hmm, that does sound like a very good suggestion houtzb! ;) :D

Cory

Yes a great weekend, one for u too! Maybe next week build time?

I spoke to my dealer on Friday and received a build date and ETA.

Order placed: 6/7
VIN received: 7/21
Build Date: 8/8
ETA: Week of 8/15

This seems like a quick turnaround from build to arrival. Hopefully I don't have the issues others experienced of sitting in Chicago!

2012 Explorer Delivered!

Got a surprise call this morning my Explorer was delivered to the dealership today, I will pick it up later this afternoon. Here is my final status:

Ordered: 6/8
VIN: 6/24
Window Sticker: 7/12
Build: 7/19
ETA: 8/1 - 8/10 (via dealer's mouth, but we will see...)
Delivered: 8/1 Wow...

I will post a picture or two and will answer any questions anyone has regarding the 2012 model year once I have it.

Got a surprise call this morning my Explorer was delivered to the dealership today, I will pick it up later this afternoon. Here is my final status:

I will post a picture or two and will answer any questions anyone has regarding the 2012 model year once I have it.

Congrats and enjoy!!! Can't wait to see pics.
Just out of curiosity, where are you located? I'm trying to get a feel for transit times...

I think you are the fist one to receive a 12 model on this board. What flavor Explorer did you order? Options?

If you got MFT you are going to have to give impressions of it after a week or so.

Congrats and enjoy!!! Can't wait to see pics.
Just out of curiosity, where are you located? I'm trying to get a feel for transit times...

I am located in the north east.

I think you are the fist one to receive a 12 model on this board. What flavor Explorer did you order? Options?

If you got MFT you are going to have to give impressions of it after a week or so.

I ordered an XLT 4WD with 205A rapid spec, NAV, TOW and BLIS in Ginger Ale metallic paint, med. light stone leather interior. Yes it has MFT and SYNC so I have to learn the system and will post a review

This sounds promising, let us know how you like my2012, give us the low down and pics. I'll semd pm to Cory in a few days to get an update.

Border, congrats on being the first on this forum to get delivery notice for your 2012! Mine is currently scheduled to land at the dealership on 8/22...

Do you mind asking about incentives for the 2012s during your dealer visit and relaying the response? Speaking of, does anyone know any information about incentives for MY2012 Ex's? Now that we're in the first day of August and deliveries are beginning to take place, shouldn't the incentives start being listed on ford.com? I just checked and still no 2012 incentive information on Explorers, they do have a lot of the other MY2012s listed however.

Cory, any insight?

Thats a good question, Cory, any news for incentives yet. Also if anyone can assist, I tried looking up my window sticker, one I think it worked, said it wasnot on file, the second link, cam up with error??? %PDF- anyone no what that is at all....

PnJ

@Border Explorere...congrats!!! You must be excited and nervous at the same time.

We also ordered our X on 6/8. Although I don't really understand the dealer allotment. No worries on our part, we can wait a bit for ours to arrive. So I'm really hoping to see some 2012 feedback...especially on the MFT and I'm guessing yours would be delivered w/ the 2.11 version.

2012 Explorer

Okay, I picked up my car this afternoon and been driving it around pretty much the rest of the day. Ride is smooth and very quiet. It does have version 2.11 of MFT. I have played with all of the functions.

SYNC:
The sync feature works very well. I will say there is a learning curve, mainly learning the right commands. If the correct command is given, it worked great controlling the climate, phone, and entertainment. I did not try sync(voice control) navigation or sync services yet...only so much I could squeeze into the few hours I have been with the car. If I did not give the correct command, sync would ask for a command again, until I got it right. One thing I noticed was I was too quick to give a command sometimes and sync would not pick up the command, I think I need to be a little patient and wait until the system is ready.

Climate:
Controlling the climate with voice, button, and touch screen all work very well and as I expected. Once thing I noticed was it appears the only way to control the heated seats via touch is on the touch screen, there is no button.

Phone:
I have 2 Android based smart phones. Added my wife's phone as primary and it went smooth, no trouble, took a little while, but it worked as expected. Later added my phone, which again took a little longer then I expected but worked fine. I placed a couple of calls using the sync voice control and it worked as expected. Call quality was fine. Once thing I did notice after adding my phone was it appeared the Ford system indexed all of the data on my phone. For example, when I accessed the phonebook via touch screen I noticed I had way more contacts then I have on my phone...it added twitter and email addresses and merged them with the contacts from the phone. I did not expect this behavior(might explain why it took some time to index) nor do I want Ford to merge all my contacts. The only thing I want to see in the phonebook is the contacts on my phone, I do not want to see other contacts from other social networking. I guess it could be cool, but I want control over this, I dont want to see all these other contacts not associated with phone numbers. I need to investigate it more.

NAV:
Worked well and as I expected. I have been using nav systems for auto and marine for years so I am quite comfortable with these systems. I manually added a destination via touch screen and it works. I will say the interface or UI (user interface) is not the best I have seen but it is fairly straight forward and does work. The Nav system worked excellent, its a nav system, it got me to my destination. As for accuracy, its a nav system I never expect perfect accuracy, like I said it got me to my destination with a problem. I need to test the nav more throughly but so far so good. I think if Ford put Garmin(or other Nav maker) software in their Nav unit it would be a home run but as far as I can tell it a no frills nav that will get you where you want to go. My smartphone with google maps and nav will back up my in dash nav if I ever come across a nav problem. In my old car I had one occasion where the in dash nav did not work and my phone filled in perfectly. I expect the Ford system to work just fine.

Media:
I tried the AM/FM and satellite radios with voice and touch, all worked great. One feature I discovered and *love* is there is an option to automatically search and store all valid stations. This was great, I did not have to go an manually program all the presets to the stations I like. The auto search found all the stations in no time and saved me work. I may set the presets anyway since if traveling it would be cool to automatically search and store all the stations in a given area, instead of seek or scan. I did add an ipod nano, one of the newest ones and it took some time to index. Its a 16GB nano and its almost full. There was some issues with the ipod. After returning to the car after a short stop the ipod was not recognized in the Ford media, I attached it via USB and the ipod had a message that the accessory was not supported. I could not access the ipod during this time. After another stop the ipod reappeared in the media menu and could be used. Other then that it worked fine. I dont know if it was the ipod causing the problem but I will be stressing this system in the coming days to see if the problem appears again.

Overall, I am very happy with the car, glad I bought it. SYNC is *very* cool, but the commands need to be correct, just need to learn them. The color is Ginger Ale Metallic. At first, I though it was not gold enough since I picked this color because golf leaf was not available for 2012MY. The ginger ale has a greenish hue to it and after following my wife home I really fell in love with the color. Its a beautiful color, very regal look to it. My wife *really* loves the color, so if she is happy, I am happy.

I think this write up answered all the questions I have seen so far since I posted the car was delivered. As for incentives, there were none available for 2012 at the dealer. Only incentives I was aware of were for 2011MY. I used pricing through Costco and was the best deal for me. If anyone has any questions regarding 2012MY I will be happy to answer them. If anyone has something specific they want tested or researched on 2012MY, give me specifics and I will try it out, within reason.

Cory: *THANK YOU* for keeping me in the loop as to status. It really helps with the long wait when ordering from the factory. If it were up to me, Cory and company should get a cut of the commission or something for delivering great customer service. My 2 cents (well...whats left of my cents...:D)

Here are a few pics:
The pictures dont do the color justice, you have to see it for real to get the real affect.

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k544/border_explorer/2012%20Explorer/

Okay, I picked up my car this afternoon and been driving it around pretty much the rest of the day. Ride is smooth and very quiet. It does have version 2.11 of MFT. I have played with all of the functions.

SYNC:
The sync feature works very well. I will say there is a learning curve, mainly learning the right commands. If the correct command is given, it worked great controlling the climate, phone, and entertainment. I did not try sync(voice control) navigation or sync services yet...only so much I could squeeze into the few hours I have been with the car. If I did not give the correct command, sync would ask for a command again, until I got it right. One thing I noticed was I was too quick to give a command sometimes and sync would not pick up the command, I think I need to be a little patient and wait until the system is ready.

Climate:
Controlling the climate with voice, button, and touch screen all work very well and as I expected. Once thing I noticed was it appears the only way to control the heated seats via touch is on the touch screen, there is no button.

Phone:
I have 2 Android based smart phones. Added my wife's phone as primary and it went smooth, no trouble, took a little while, but it worked as expected. Later added my phone, which again took a little longer then I expected but worked fine. I placed a couple of calls using the sync voice control and it worked as expected. Call quality was fine. Once thing I did notice after adding my phone was it appeared the Ford system indexed all of the data on my phone. For example, when I accessed the phonebook via touch screen I noticed I had way more contacts then I have on my phone...it added twitter and email addresses and merged them with the contacts from the phone. I did not expect this behavior(might explain why it took some time to index) nor do I want Ford to merge all my contacts. The only thing I want to see in the phonebook is the contacts on my phone, I do not want to see other contacts from other social networking. I guess it could be cool, but I want control over this, I dont want to see all these other contacts not associated with phone numbers. I need to investigate it more.

NAV:
Worked well and as I expected. I have been using nav systems for auto and marine for years so I am quite comfortable with these systems. I manually added a destination via touch screen and it works. I will say the interface or UI (user interface) is not the best I have seen but it is fairly straight forward and does work. The Nav system worked excellent, its a nav system, it got me to my destination. As for accuracy, its a nav system I never expect perfect accuracy, like I said it got me to my destination with a problem. I need to test the nav more throughly but so far so good. I think if Ford put Garmin(or other Nav maker) software in their Nav unit it would be a home run but as far as I can tell it a no frills nav that will get you where you want to go. My smartphone with google maps and nav will back up my in dash nav if I ever come across a nav problem. In my old car I had one occasion where the in dash nav did not work and my phone filled in perfectly. I expect the Ford system to work just fine.

Media:
I tried the AM/FM and satellite radios with voice and touch, all worked great. One feature I discovered and *love* is there is an option to automatically search and store all valid stations. This was great, I did not have to go an manually program all the presets to the stations I like. The auto search found all the stations in no time and saved me work. I may set the presets anyway since if traveling it would be cool to automatically search and store all the stations in a given area, instead of seek or scan. I did add an ipod nano, one of the newest ones and it took some time to index. Its a 16GB nano and its almost full. There was some issues with the ipod. After returning to the car after a short stop the ipod was not recognized in the Ford media, I attached it via USB and the ipod had a message that the accessory was not supported. I could not access the ipod during this time. After another stop the ipod reappeared in the media menu and could be used. Other then that it worked fine. I dont know if it was the ipod causing the problem but I will be stressing this system in the coming days to see if the problem appears again.

Overall, I am very happy with the car, glad I bought it. SYNC is *very* cool, but the commands need to be correct, just need to learn them. The color is Ginger Ale Metallic. At first, I though it was not gold enough since I picked this color because golf leaf was not available for 2012MY. The ginger ale has a greenish hue to it and after following my wife home I really fell in love with the color. Its a beautiful color, very regal look to it. My wife *really* loves the color, so if she is happy, I am happy.

I think this write up answered all the questions I have seen so far since I posted the car was delivered. As for incentives, there were none available for 2012 at the dealer. Only incentives I was aware of were for 2011MY. I used pricing through Costco and was the best deal for me. If anyone has any questions regarding 2012MY I will be happy to answer them. If anyone has something specific they want tested or researched on 2012MY, give me specifics and I will try it out, within reason.

Cory: *THANK YOU* for keeping me in the loop as to status. It really helps with the long wait when ordering from the factory. If it were up to me, Cory and company should get a cut of the commission or something for delivering great customer service. My 2 cents (well...whats left of my cents...:D)

Here are a few pics:
The pictures dont do the color justice, you have to see it for real to get the real affect.

Great writeup Border! It's good to know that all of the stuff is working out of the box but I'm sure everyone would like some follow up after a few weeks if you don't mind.

Everyone knows the roll out of the 11 model hasn't been without it's problems on both the technical side and production so it's good to see that the 12's are indeed rolling off the line as scheduled.

I seriously doubt Ford is going to offer any incentives on the 12 models like people are asking about as these are extremely popular and flying off the lots. The few remaining 11 models most like will have some kind of incentive to get them sold. I was on Ford's site last night and built a 11 model just for fun and there were only three colors to choose from in the Limited trim. I assume that's because they only have those in stock nation wide.

I have a VIN!

A brief update: I ordered my 2012 Limited 7/22, got my VIN yesterday (thanks, Cory!).

From a brief look at cars.com this morning I also see the 2012's are starting to hit the lots in real numbers. Exciting.

Thats a good question, Cory, any news for incentives yet. Also if anyone can assist, I tried looking up my window sticker, one I think it worked, said it wasnot on file, the second link, cam up with error??? %PDF- anyone no what that is at all....

PnJ
Texas_Ex & Spengracin,

I recommend contacting the Marketing Program Headquarters as they will be a great source of information on incentives and rebates. They can be reached at 800-334-4375.

BTW Spengracin, the URL for the online window sticker is:

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<insertvinhere>

@Border Explorere...congrats!!! You must be excited and nervous at the same time.

We also ordered our X on 6/8. Although I don't really understand the dealer allotment. No worries on our part, we can wait a bit for ours to arrive. So I'm really hoping to see some 2012 feedback...especially on the MFT and I'm guessing yours would be delivered w/ the 2.11 version.
I'm glad to hear you're holding fast with your patience, XRider. If you find yourself curious on the most recent update, let me know via PM!

...Cory: *THANK YOU* for keeping me in the loop as to status. It really helps with the long wait when ordering from the factory. If it were up to me, Cory and company should get a cut of the commission or something for delivering great customer service. My 2 cents (well...whats left of my cents...:D)

Here are a few pics:

Congrats Border_Explorer! Thanks for putting in those two cents! I'm glad you love your Explorer! It's great that I could keep a steady stream of updates coming your way until your Explorer got there! Like MikeFreas said, keep us in the loop with how everything’s working for you.

Also, awesome pics! :D:thumbsup:

A brief update: I ordered my 2012 Limited 7/22, got my VIN yesterday (thanks, Cory!).

From a brief look at cars.com this morning I also see the 2012's are starting to hit the lots in real numbers. Exciting.
No problem! I agree it’s very exciting! Message me any time you’d like an update! :)

Cory

Border; great update and review (You sure you don't work for Car and Driver)! We all appreciate your time to post the information, sounds like 2012my is going just fine. Wasn't sure on the colot of gingerale, so we went with the White Plat. Kepp the reviews coming!:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Border - Thanks for the review, glad to hear you're enjoying the new ride!

I have an HTC Evo, which android phones were you using to connect to SYNC? I know HTC has different a different bluetooth stack than Samsung and Moto so different android phones might not all perform the same way.

Also, I noticed yesterday that they still hadn't included the option to request at MY2012 Explorer brochure, but that with the updates to the site this morning you can now request one. I got the $750 cash offer from my 2011 brochure so here's to hoping they put something in there for MY2012!

I'll take anything at this point since it seems like there won't be any incentives at least for August...my car is supposed to be delivered 8/29 so maybe I'll hold off picking it up until 9/1 or 9/2 to see if any incentives pop up.

Back