Where can I put the luggage? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where can I put the luggage?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only way you'll do that is with a trailer, or putting a lot of stuff on the roof.
Keep it simple, and take 2 vehicle.

Thank you for your reply.
I will look for a trailer of some sort. My wife does not have a driver's license, so taking 2 vehicles is not an option for us. I really want to pick them up in my New Explorer even if i have a trailer attached to the back side.

Grab a 4x6 enclosed trailer from budget or u-haul. Will be about 35 a day with the appropriate insurance.

Honestly I don’t think your new explorer will seem impressive with 8 people slammed in it. I wouldn’t do it if it’s a long drive.

Agree. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are there 8 seat belts?
Also, is your Explorer set up to tow anything?

I think your best option is to rent a passnger van so all of you can seat comfortably.

The extended family has likely come and gone already.

LoL you're probably right, come and gone. But I want to know! How did he solve the problem? Rent a suburban? get a trailer? have them all walk?

Ok.ok.
I used an airport pick up Service. Which happened to be a 2013 Suburban. So there were 9 of us. Driver, me, my wife, her mom and dad, Sister and husband, with pair of two year old twins and only one baby seat was provided so I brought one of ours.. My brother in law needed to sit in his wife's lap in the third row with his right foot in my father in laws face who was in the first row. It was like an automobile edition of twister. One of the babies puked on the DVD display screen in the headrest. All for only $300.

Opening the back of the Car to get the luggage out that he magically stuffed in. Was like an explosion of panties and diapers

Sexy.

Ok.ok.
I used an airport pick up Service. Which happened to be a 2013 Suburban. So there were 9 of us. Driver, me, my wife, her mom and dad, Sister and husband, with pair of two year old twins and only one baby seat was provided so I brought one of ours.. My brother in law needed to sit in his wife's lap in the third row with his right foot in my father in laws face who was in the first row. It was like an automobile edition of twister. One of the babies puked on the DVD display screen in the headrest. All for only $300.

Opening the back of the Car to get the luggage out that he magically stuffed in. Was like an explosion of panties and diapers

Whew! Thank you. Perhaps now I can get some sleep... Was like not seeing the end of a Mystery Movie! hehe

Back