Where can you pass power wires thru the firewall? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where can you pass power wires thru the firewall?

S

Superfreak

I looked a little last nite for somewhere to pass a 4 gauge power wire throught the firewall.

Any suggestions???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I loked for any kind of hole in my firewall to pass my power wire, but ended up jost drilling a hole right above the hump in the middle of the floorboard. I put a rubber grommet in the hole to stop any water from getting in.

If you have an automatic tranny just drill a hole in the plate for the clutch linkage.

This is much thinner and easier to penetrate than the firewall itself...

What year Explorer do you have...I have a 91 and searched just like you did...and i found a way..(much easier with two people)stand facing your truck...in the very back right corner there is a small opening...you can stick it through there...now have the other person with the driver door open look up to where you are trying to stick the wire through...once you get it through then look for a plug on the inside of the door jam down near the kick panel...pop that plug out and fish the wire through to the cab...I hope this helps you out...if you have any other questions...let me know........

I passed the power wire through a hole that was under the heater plenum. There was a rubber boot there that other wires were passing through. I just made the hole in the boot larger, slid the cable through and used silicon to seal it off. I did have to pull the carpet and kick panel back to access it.

Back