where is the ECM located on an 07 4.0????? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where is the ECM located on an 07 4.0?????

snickers69ss

Reaction score
City, State
Darmstadt
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Explorer 4.0 "IRONMAN"
Can someone please describe where the ECM is located and describe what it looks like on a 2007 explorer 4.0. Better yet can someone just send me a pic. I am trying to install a chip. someone told me that ford might have changed things up a bit for the 07's, I have an IRONMAN edition,does that have anything to do with the placement of the ECM? thanks.

Can someone please describe where the ECM is located and describe what it looks like on a 2007 explorer 4.0. Better yet can someone just send me a pic. I am trying to install a chip. someone told me that ford might have changed things up a bit for the 07's, I have an IRONMAN edition,does that have anything to do with the placement of the ECM? thanks.

You cannot install a chip into this computer as it is "flash" only. This is a new style p-tech which doesn't have a j-port. All you can do is purchase a hand held tuner and flash the ECM. The location is on the passenger side firewall you will see three connectors plugging into it. If you look under the glovebox area to the outside of the truck you will see the backside of it.-James

Back