Where to go in Texas? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to go in Texas?

G

GJarrett

OK, I've got my new '99 4x4 Eddie Bauer, which I guess is an oxymoron (isn't it way too nice and expensive to 4x4?) but I don't care so I want to know where I can get info on good fourwheeling trails in my area. What's a good resource to get the info?

Hi,
I have never gone 4wheeling in Texas, but I ran across this, and thought even if you don't live close to Jasper, you could email one of the people and they could tell of some places you could go 4 wheeling. Hope this helps. Dead Link Removed

http://www.4x4now.com/trtxja.htm

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L. :)

Howdy Partner:

Texas is kinda large, you know. Where exactally are you from? I'm form Port Lavaca, which is near Victoria. So far, the best place I've come across is Padre Island National Seashore, which has about 50 miles of 4x4 only beach open to roam around on. You have to stay off the dunes and there is a speed limit posted, but its still pretty cool. A 7 day pass is $10 and a year long pass is $20. It' s so flat down here the closest thing we have to a mountain is an overpass, so we mainly just blast the local mud holes most of the time. The beach is a nice, clean place to play and the fishing is pretty good, too. If you are from the panhandle it's probably closer to go to Colorado, though.

Shaggy

------------------

Back