Which brand of tires do you run | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which brand of tires do you run

Which brand of tires are you running

• BFGoodrich

Votes: 226 27.6%
  • Interco

Votes: 27 3.3%
  • Mickey Thompson

Votes: 11 1.3%
  • GoodYear

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • Pro Comp

Votes: 26 3.2%
  • Firestone

Votes: 33 4.0%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 52 6.3%
  • Michelin

Votes: 116 14.1%
  • Pirelli Scorpion

Votes: 45 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 154 18.8%

• Total voters
Had to vote bridgestone, I have a hookup that sells bridgestone tires and can get tires for about 100 bucks. but if i didn't i would have to vote BFG.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BFG T/A ko's in summer. Goodyear Wrangler A/T's ( no longer made ) in winter on stock wheels. very happy with both.

BFGoodrich

BFGoodrich is the Best and will always be the best. the 50 bills is worth it cougarX

Bridgestone Dueler H/L

New Bridgestone Dueler H/L tires (5, free from Firestone) are big improvement over the ATXs I had for years...quieter, better handling, no hydroplaning, or ABS false alarms.....just a much better tire.

Thanks Firestone!!

i think i voted for other...i had general grabber all-purpose in 235/75/15.....now i have bfg a/t KOs 31x10.5/15 and i love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BFG FOREVER!!!!!

I just picked Other... read my sig, the new tires are incredable

cooper

i picked other, i dont know if cooper tires is affiliated with any of those choices. all i know is they were hella expensive, but my dad paid for them (or else i would've bought an inexpensive set of goodyears).

I run BFG AT's now that I got them re-called:D

For you fellow Canadians out there, do not go to Canadian Tire and get the Roughrider A/T. My Ex had them on when I bought it. Very bad tires on wet pavement - I took a corner on wet pavement, not going more than maybe 20-25kph and I just kept sliding straight, severe understeer. Couldn't believe they did not grab.

In the winter , they were not bad, but on the wet pavement, I do not feel very safe at all. I told my wife to be VERY careful if it is wet out. The worst thing...they are brand new tires.

They are on sale right now, buy 1 get the second for half price...do not fall for it. Buy some better tires.

Bridgestone

I know it is the same company as Firestone, but the quality is not the same. I run Dueler A/T in summer and Winter Dueler in (you gest... winter), both sized at 235/75 15. On my car it is Potenza RE910 sized at 205/50 15 in summer and brand X , sized at 185/65 14(the original size) in winter because it was given to me for free (it will change when they finish there live). I cant say I wont ever change brand, for now Bridgestone is serving me very well(and I get very good prices from the tire shop).

My sport has the 33" BFG Muds which are an okay tire. I am thinking I will go to 35" Goodyear MTR's next. They seem to be a whole lot better tire. I figure I will run those and if they work then I will stay with them, if not swampers!

On the 4 door I got General XP2000's! LOL Which are okay tires. Nothing really special other then my grandpa got a GREAT deal on them so good that he paid for all 4 tires for what I paid for one of my BFG's.

I got BFG AT-KO's. I got 'em at Sears for like $96 each with a 50k miles warranty(sp?). I admit that they're just 235/75R15's, but they were cheaper than the Dunlop Rover A/T's by 2 dollars and had a warranty, the Dunlops didn't. :D

What... Where the crap are the Big O's??? I know of at least 4 people on the board that run them... The other 3 besides myself are the ones that talked me into it and I'm quite happy with them... Add it please... Anyone, some moderator, anyone, buller, buller!!! Anyone....

Where's the Yokohamas!!?! guess i gotta check other...

Mine has the Goodyear Wrangler RT/S. So far they seem to do well on wet or dry pavement. Not sure about their offroad capability.

I'm getting Scorpions next. BUT . . . TireRack.com won't sell 'em to me because of the whole Deathstone thing. The rep I talked to said they won't sell any tires or sizes which are not recommended for the Explorer by Ford.

WTF is up with that!

Either order them off the internet or when you call to get your size, tell them its for a ranger truck. You shouldn't have any problems.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Heath
What... Where the crap are the Big O's??? I know of at least 4 people on the board that run them...

Yeah i am running them too! Go big O

the only problem is that i am now running them (225/70/15) with 4" of lift! Talk about awkward looking

Back