Which brand of tires do you run | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which brand of tires do you run

Which brand of tires are you running

• BFGoodrich

Votes: 226 27.6%
  • Interco

Votes: 27 3.3%
  • Mickey Thompson

Votes: 11 1.3%
  • GoodYear

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • Pro Comp

Votes: 26 3.2%
  • Firestone

Votes: 33 4.0%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 52 6.3%
  • Michelin

Votes: 116 14.1%
  • Pirelli Scorpion

Votes: 45 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 154 18.8%

• Total voters
Tires

Hi,
I´m running the factory supplied Firestone Wilderness AT (16) adn I´m currently waiting for the results of Tires Recall Programme - and that´s a pretty slow process in my country. It takes a lot of asking, calling, speaking and complaining to FMC headq. I would love to run the BF Goodrich but one can not be to choosy when getting new tires free of chage. I think they will replace the Firestones with Goodyear but no one was able to tell me what type. We will see.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They replaced mine with Goodyear Wrangler RT/S. They seem to be a pretty good tire, with a 60,000 mile tread wear on them, I believe. I'm wanting to go with a wider tire, so mine might be for sale.

I AS WELL AS IAMCDN HAD THE RADIAL ROUGHRIDERS ON MY X WHEN I BOUGHT IT. THEY SUCK!!!!!!! AT HIGH SPEEDS 120KM/HR OR 75 MILES/HR MY STEERING WHEEL SHOOK. THE FASTER I WENT THE MORE THEY SHOOK. I THOUGH IT WAS ALIGNMENT BUT AFTER PUTTING ON MY BFG KO'S IT IS NOW FINE. I LOVE MY NEW BFG'S AND WILL PROBABLY STICK WITH THEM FOR A REAL LONG TIME.

BFG,BFG,BFG,BFG

I am running GoodYear AT/D, for some reason I havent found them anywhere execpt SAM'S where I got them. Anyone heard of the AT/D? I know AT/S, but this is a slightly different tread.

seeing as how I'm now sponsored by pro-comp, I'll say pro-comp, LOL

Matt,
When did you get sponsored?

Anyhow - here's a plug for your new sponsor...

Xterrains - LOVE 'EM! Had them for about 6 weeks now and they rock! The 35's are a trus 35, they ride quiet on the road and dig a ton in mud and sand. Even got to N Fl last week to play on some rocks. Haven't gone below 20psi yet - saving that for the next run...

BTW - Do the need a vehicle to sponsor in Florida???:bounce:

Jon

sponsored by pro-comps as of uhh... yesterday! :).
They are just sponsoring the F-150, doing some 35/12.5-17 tires for the stock rims. That'll mean I have to put in a suspension lift though (shucks! LOL)

Well Matt, you should like them , the extreme anyway, I do and like flexp said they are quiet and down here in NC they handle the swampy soup holes really well and clean really fast, good on ya, l8tr, mike:confused:

Goodyear MT/R's. I must say...these are MUCH improved so far over my BFG KO's. We had some snow/ice/slush here the past couple days. Absolutely no sliding at all..in 2wd might I add.

I am sure alot would agree that if your rig is also a daily driver...which most are, then the BFG Mud Terrain is by far the best choice!!! So far i have ran 4 sets of tires in 2 years on my X; including Mickey Claws, BFG AT, and i must say the Mud Terrains are my pick!!!

SUPER SWAMPER!!!!!

SUPER SWAMPER!!!!!

sorry for doin it twice guys

accident

BFG AT ko's all the way !!

I love these tires !

I went up to 35's to give them a try and the brand is "WILD COUNTRY" We will see how they work. Only had them for a week.

I have Goodyear Wrangler GSA's with 58,000 miles on them. This is the longest lasting set of tires that I have had. I had a Mustang GT before the Explorer and usually got 40 to 45,000 miles on a set of tires. I would get another 5 or 10,000 miles out of these tires if it wasn't for the tires cupping. Probably because of bad shocks, which are to be replaced soon with RS 9000's. :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

32" BFG M/t!

Back