Which brand of tires do you run | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which brand of tires do you run

Which brand of tires are you running

• BFGoodrich

Votes: 226 27.6%
  • Interco

Votes: 27 3.3%
  • Mickey Thompson

Votes: 11 1.3%
  • GoodYear

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • Pro Comp

Votes: 26 3.2%
  • Firestone

Votes: 33 4.0%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 52 6.3%
  • Michelin

Votes: 116 14.1%
  • Pirelli Scorpion

Votes: 45 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 154 18.8%

• Total voters
on my 97 im just running what came with it when i got it...goodyear ms...but during the winter(right now) im running firestone studded tires

i had comando's made by national put on my 94 the are also ms's)mud/snow

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mickey ts all the way! affordable and durable.

Originally posted by ALLOUTWAR13
mickey ts all the way! affordable and durable.

I know many people that will argue with you on that one...

Had 31" Bridgestone Dueler Revos installed Friday. Too early to evaluate yet but at least I no longer enter parking lots sideways as I did on my Michelins.

i went with "other"----4 Maxxis mudders is what i ride on.

It's in my sig, but I would like to upgrade to 33" BFG Mud Terrains

I am running Kuhmo Venture MT's 31X11.50 on the Ranger - LOVE THEM! - Stick like glue on the rock - and have tolerable manners on the road. - Work good in eastern trail mud, except when nothing works.

I run Dayton Timberline AT's on the 97 Ex. 235 x 75. My street truck - They really are a nice cross between an aggressive AT and a street tire. Work really well on wet and/or snowy roads. Really a high mileage tire also. I have over 30,000 and still great tread life.

On the Cherokee I am running Truxus MT radials 33 x 12.50. Quietest aggessive big tire I have ever run - work really well on the trails - even in nasty eastern mud. Not as aggerssive as some, but adequate, especially for the price.

On the K5 Blazer I am running ProComp x terrains - 33 x 12.50. I wouln't run them again - at least here in the east. Don't perform near as well as the Kuhmo's or the Truxus and the cost is more. This truck gets pulled more than the rest though it has the best axle lockers.

On a friends, we first ran General Grabber MT's - 31x10.50. they flat suck. A total waste of anyone's good money. They got less than 20,000 miles and were stuck all the time. Also poor sidewalls - blew out one the first day out - blew another one the next time, while everyone else was doing fine. Now running some generic mud tires (supposedly an offshoot of Kelly or something - look just like the Genrerals - but work better. Hey, at $85 a pop, who cares - it is only a friend...

I've got Hankook Ventus 255/35-20s on mine, did have Goodyear 275/45-20s but they didn't last too long

I run ProComp MT's

the same crappy good year RTS, that came on the 2k2 sport, Dont like them at all, Like the firestones that were recalled a couple of years ago!, Looking at getting bf goods, put on this upcomming fall

36x12.50x15 Super Swamper TSL on my trail explorer
37x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR's on my driveway explorer
Michelin (stock on the 2 2001 V-8's)

One word..............................Procomp!

Right now I am running new Michs. But I also just bought new chrome CobraR's and bought some Pirelli's Zero's from EE for my 98. Can't wait to get them on.

OKAY here's a question!?? Thinking of buying a used X, 91 model, w/ a large amount of miles on it!, 4.0 V6 w/ Firestone wilderness tires on it! Should i walk away from this truck ?? it's the stock size, on the wheels 16' i think, These dudes wont replace the tires on it, and they were put on last year, lots of tread on them left, I'll be doing mostley high way driving w/ them! Tell me what u thnk i dont wanna be :roll: up side, down like what was going on in the late 90's,, thanks, dtl

i dont think that should be a determining factor. Just dont run them with 24 psi like the manual says. id put in 30-32 lbs and i would feel secure

was that what the problem was people were running them down that low?? I remember they were having probems w/ what the factory said vs, sidewall? and by the way On a 2k2 sport i run the stock good year rts, that came on stock ! not sure if i said it before!!

Traction XTC

I'm running Traction XTC's by Lee Tire. Anybody else ever heard of them? They're called a mud and snow tire, but are only slightly more aggresive than the BFG All Terrains. Work well on and off road and hum slightly on the highway.

Super Swamper Trxus M/T

Well, technically I would be running these right now if they weren't on back order but (ordered them 5/23/04 from 4wp)......I've been assured they will arrive sometime in my lifetime, though. Feels like it's already been a lifetime - I really want my new tires.......

I love my yokohama avid s/ts for street handling and ride.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My tires are Uniroyal Laredo. OMG these tires suck! My Explorer was my mom's shortly ago so of course she gets some ****ty tires. God knows how many times I have spun out, fish tailed, etc.

Back