• Register Today It's free!

Which Color??

kblee

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 4WD
I know I can't really go wrong here, but I'm ordering my Ex limited (302A) tonight and still haven't decided on the exterior color. I was going back and forth between Sterling Grey, Ingot Silver and the White Platinum. I test drove a Sterling Grey last week and, though very nice looking, I have eliminated it from my list.

I think I like the white platinum slightly more than the ingot silver, but there is an extra charge and my current vehicle is white (wife would prefer something different). Decisions, Decisions...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know I can't really go wrong here, but I'm ordering my Ex limited (302A) tonight and still haven't decided on the exterior color. I was going back and forth between Sterling Grey, Ingot Silver and the White Platinum. I test drove a Sterling Grey last week and, though very nice looking, I have eliminated it from my list.

I think I like the white platinum slightly more than the ingot silver, but there is an extra charge and my current vehicle is white (wife would prefer something different). Decisions, Decisions...

I got the Ingot Silver, and it sure looks good...even after driving it around for a week in crappy weather.

You answered your own question. Sound like Ingot Silver to me. The truck looks great in every color. Can't go wrong.

I went through color choice agony as well. I have driven a silver Moutaineer for almost 10 years, so that eliminated silver ingot for me, although my husband was pushing that color. I would have considered the gold but my husbands last 2 cars have been gold. We cancelled each other out on that! I really just love the white platinum and decided the money spent would be worth it, I'll drive this car for 10 years - I hope!

I have Sterling Grey coming. It was different color than any other vehicle we've had and wanted something new.

Also, Ford thought enough of the color to include it in their national ad. Last night while watching TV the X commercial came on and when the Sterling Gray X drives by, I yelled out "that's our car". My wife and daughter rolled their eyes and commented on how crazy I was being over the car. Then my wife said for her birthday (this Sunday), I could let her drive the X exclusively for the first month...I told her she needed to pick a different Bday present :)

I drove silver vehicles for the last 10+ years. I went outside my comfort zone (a little) and went Sterling grey with Pecan interior. Can't wait for it to get here!

I was watching the TV show "Fringe" and saw the sterling grey on the show. I might have broke my DVR by replying the scene so much LOL

I have Sterling Grey coming. It was different color than any other vehicle we've had and wanted something new.

Also, Ford thought enough of the color to include it in their national ad. Last night while watching TV the X commercial came on and when the Sterling Gray X drives by, I yelled out "that's our car". My wife and daughter rolled their eyes and commented on how crazy I was being over the car. Then my wife said for her birthday (this Sunday), I could let her drive the X exclusively for the first month...I told her she needed to pick a different Bday present :)

Sound like a carbon copy of the conversations at my house concerning the national ad. My wife doesn't care which color but I wanted something I haven't had before. The mid grey color seem quite "in style" now. I have seen it in several other car ads of different brands as well. Color choice, of course, comes down to personal preference since several of them are quite good looking.

I drove silver vehicles for the last 10+ years. I went outside my comfort zone (a little) and went Sterling grey with Pecan interior. Can't wait for it to get here!

I was watching the TV show "Fringe" and saw the sterling grey on the show. I might have broke my DVR by replying the scene so much LOL

I just switched from Black, so I'm LOVING the silver:D

Another vote for Sterling Grey. We've had silver and tan vehicles forever and wanted something different. I like all the colors (except white, just not my thing), but we live on a dirt road and couldn't see getting anything too dark since it will always need a wash. I've seen 2 sterling greys in person and couldn't stop staring, I wish my EX would get here!

we got the XLT ingot silver and this color matches very nicely to the front grille, almost giving it the appearance of a Limited!:D

Wow, I guess I'm the odd man out here since my choices were between Red and Blue. The wife threw down on me and said we would not have a third red explorer so blue it was...

I did like the facebook poster who got the white and had the license plate EVA....

as in....
wall-e_eva.jpg

What does your plate read? Maybe that will help you decide?

I ordered Kona Blue....but I like the silver too!

I ordered the Red Bordeaux. Silver to me just looks like polished sheet metal . I prefer dark expresive colors. To each his own .

I ordered white. Please order another color so yours is not like mine. :)

I purchased Candy Red Metallic, mainly because this color came from the factory with an additional 17 HP and is only built by the Senior Ford Techs. IIRC, they practice on the Sterling Silver, Ingot Silver, and White ones.:)

Based on your list, looks like you're getting the silver ingot. :)

Every color has its fan. The car is great - you won't go wrong.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I went totally south i got golden bronze with the pecan interior 302a pkg awesome get lots of complements from people awesome !!

Back