Votes: 83 18.9%
  • Have done it once or twice

Votes: 224 51.1%
  • Sleep there every camping trip

Votes: 97 22.1%
  • It's the only place I have to sleep

Votes: 21 4.8%

• Total voters
I sleep in mine all the time. Especially during hunting season when the camp gets pretty full. Or when i just want to take a weekend fishing trip and dont have the cash for a hotel. I also use the twin airmatress trick in mine:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

(this post has been sensored) I don't know how much sleeping got done (this post has been censored)

I slept in the back of my ex a few weeks ago, I drove back to my campsite it was kind of cold and wet and did not feel like setting my tent up, then i remembered this thread and decided to try it. Wasn't to bad.

its been slept in, if you know what i mean ;)
i took a nap :p
or not

i just slide the driver side all the way up and drop the seat in the back down and use my poncho liner(everyone in the army gets one its like your wubebe) its great. Got yell by the police when drive home on leave in ohio, must be against the law there or something

now i've never slept in my x but me and IamTodd slept in a tent that was surrounded by our explorers, does that count...????

oh todd here ya go...."OH SH*T, what do we do now, 1st get out from underneath the sleeping bag; 2nd go get me some paper towels....lol...oh what great times....aka..attack of the Code Red Pop...

I am a die hard skier, and I go up to the slopes the night before if I think there will be powder, and sleep in my Explorer. Most of the time I am right about powder predictions.

I have a box pretty simular to Matts. My wife and I sleep back there evey time I go camping. The nice thing is that since it is a 2 door, we can open the sun roof or the side windows for ventilation. I thought I thought of it first. I was stoked when I was getting ready to build it, then I found out Matt already did it!

mattadams said:
In my old explorer I made a platform that made it so I could put in a queen-sized air matress and it was flat adn VERY comfortable. honestly I prefered it to my bed at home sometimes! It also doubled as a cargo storage box! That was one of my greatest self-made mods :)
box2.jpg

box1.jpg

Do you have any plans or diagrams for this? I would love to put something like that in the back of my X but unfortunately I have very little imagination or ability when it comes to carpentry. But I could probably follow a diagram, etc, pretty easily.

i've slept in my Ex and my car once or twice

a couple camping trips it was just too cold or too crowded in the tents we had... so i grabbed my bag & pad, folded down the seats and removed the trunk cover = instant full size bed. one time it started raining, it was kinda cool sleeping in the X with the rain coming down all around me.

I'm going to sleep in it again tomorrow when I go camping, also get to try out my new manual hubs

I slept in it a few times on a few long road trips, once on a cross country marathon across Canada, and another on another marathon from Wisconsin back to home. I just made room on one side of my stuff, put down a pillow and a sleeping bag and slept fine. At one time I had been driving pretty much non-stop for 18 hours and slept like a bay for 8 hours in the back.

I've also "slept off a few" in the back. ;)

I have slept with an ex in my ex!LOL

Slept many times in my 92 Eddie; now that I have an 02 Eddie, with the back seats and all...I wonder...not exactly a flat surface anymore.

I only sleep in it when im tripping.

i have once.....i was suppose to stay the night at a friends and i decided to go home and the door was locked...so i slept in my explorer.

I was on the road during the summer working on the warp tour, And just kept the money giving to me for hotel expensives , I shower at the pavilion with the bands. saved mass amounts of loot.. I got a good nights sleep everynight , except when I was in VA and some drunk guy was asking me where I was from.
"read the tag dumass"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have but only on long trips while driven! hehehe tug

Back