Who to call at Ford? (aka Grinding noise when turning) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who to call at Ford? (aka Grinding noise when turning)

K

khansen76

HELP!

I have a problem with my 98 E.B. v8! When I turn at speeds of 1-40MPH, I hear a dull (but loud) grinding noise. I've had the thing it 14 times for the same problem! They've done everything from new hoses, to flushing the system and keep claiming that "a fix may be coming."

My question is 2 part...
1. Any ideas on this?
2. Anyone have any ideas on who to call at Ford that may actually car and be able to do something?

I've called their Customer Care line 3 times, and never recieved a good response. I've talked to the GM and Service Mgr at the dealership... nothing.

I'm a fan of Ford, and LOVE my Explorer, but this is REDICULOUS! Help!!!
khansen@mnrubber.com

I had a similar problem with my 98XLT V6 SOHC 4X4. It would make a grunging sound on left turns. Ford fixed it by replacing the rack and pinion assembly due to an "internal failure". Have your Ford dealer contact Sun Valley Ford in Concord CA if they can't solve your problem. I brought mine in only once, and they found the problem and repaired it. I did have to leave it overnight because they had to get the part, but I got a call the next day telling me it was repaired. Knock on wood, it has been fine ever since.
Keep in mind that your V8 is AWD and my V6 is 4WD. There might me differences in the configuration and the solution might be different. Hope this helps. Good luck

Back