Who's in NJ? Where? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who's in NJ? Where?

Up in the Sussex/Wantage area, Sussex County.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Parsippany, Morris County

bloomingdale-passaic county its 8 sq miles and sucks but cops cut me a break since my bro works for the DPW ;)

I am from Spotswood, NJ. Right next to East Brunswick and a few other towns mention here. About 10 Mins from Englishtown Raceway Park

hey, im looking to move around the famingdale area.. actually freehold/farmingdale/howell--- probably going to attempt to get my first mortgage and buy a townhouse or condo in one of those areas.

i work on Rt 34, right near the airport

That's the area I just moved to. Freehold/Howell right off 33.

Are you gonna move in before the summer? I need some man power and expertise to install my body lift this summer. :D

That's the area I just moved to. Freehold/Howell right off 33.

Are you gonna move in before the summer? I need some man power and expertise to install my body lift this summer. :D

You need no man power, nor expertise for that body lift. I did it all myself in 2 days w/ no experience, just what I read on this site!

http://homepage.mac.com/jwrezz/xlt/PhotoAlbum24.html

Good luck, email if ya need me! I'll take a trip south!

yea.... and i did my first body lift by myself with air tools and it took me 28 STRAIGHT hours of work ( i couldnt stop because i needed my vehicle )

you wanna know how long the 2nd body lift took on my friends truck? less than 8 hours. i wonder how long the 3rd will take :p:

but it sounds like we got some jersey guys with experience that are willing to help.. i bet we can knock it out in 5hrs- leavin time for burgers and beer :D

I'd say mine took 28 hours, no maybe 10. 8 hrs the first day, 2 to button it up. The biggest pain for me was the radiator supports. And that one frozen bolt! But yeah, beer and a few hours, it'll be done!

i had a hard time drilling out the rear bumper brackets to get it to sit right. im not sure about 1996 models.. but they didnt make a kit for my 1998, so i basically bought a kit for a 94 and fabbed everything else- including going to a hardware store for new bolts (which reminds me, i had to DRILL OUT EVERY BUSHING with a 1/2" bit... that was a PITA too, especially being alone because the bushing would start spinning)

Paraphoe , pm me when your gunna do the bl ill give a hand.

You guys all rock. Glad to know I have a some willing people nearby should it turn into a giant ****astrophe. My experience level is minimal, at best. The only things I've done are changing my oil, installing my KKM, and my Rancho shocks. So I'm a bit apprehensive about the whole process. Looking forward to the experience though - best way to learn.

I'll definately post updates when I get to it - should be sometime in early June.

I moved to East Brunswick in the fall.

I'd love to get some people together to do a stocker off-road run.

when...my ex aint on the road but maybe my buddie will take his cj7..ill ride shotgun.

I'm definately down for that. I need a weekend I can get home from college, though, if it's before May 11th.

Mud Bug, what happened to the X?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back