Why don't we have a 5.0L swap section???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why don't we have a 5.0L swap section????

86caprirs

Reaction score
City, State
Chestermere, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer 4.0L 4x4 XL
I asked for it in the sugestion section a while back. We shoud have a 5.0L swap section specific for the 91-94 Xplorer. I am getting all the info possable from different sources but i thought this would be the perfect spot here since alot of people have done this swap but have not described the swap to the fullest.
I think we should have engine info, trans info, parts info, wiring info so the DIY kind of guy (like me) could go ahead and get all the parts,preplan so it can all go smoothly.I know some of you have done the "school of hard knocks" on your swaps, i just want the info,pics and your knowledge.

Now question is how do we do this so we don't have to use the search all the time or start a thread and loose it because it gets overrun by other questions?????

Thanks for listening
Shane :ca:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

personally i think we are being too specific. i liked learning about the other explorers and their problems

problem is the amount of time and effort required to put this together, every truck is completley different so its very difficult.

I used research info from so many sources for my conversion, you could not possibly put it all in one place.

Rangerpowersports.com is one of the best 5.0L conversion resources around, there are guys over there who will help and have been there done that so to speak.
I began researching this conversion about 5 years ago, and have packets and booklets and printed out threads up the wazoo, doing this enabled me to complete my conversion with absolutely nothing coming up un expected, meaning I did not run into one problem that I did not know I was going to run into.

See thats what i have been trying to do too. I guess i will try the other guys.

In the Offroad section.....
Hmmmm, i was thinking of it being in the 91-94 section due to thats what alot of people seem to be putting 5.0L into.

Back