• Register Today It's free!

Windshield motor stuck on high

red101

Reaction score
City, State
atlanta ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 explorer
My front windshield motor is stuck going on high. I switched out the multi function "knob" on the steering wheel still going all out. Any ideas? I apologize if this is a repeat thread as i did not see my original . Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would suspect the GEM and so far, know of no DIY (soldering iron based) repairs for it but if you were to pull it out and post good top-down and bottom-up high resolution pics of the circuit board then I'll take a look at them. Otherwise I'd first try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to see if that resets it.

I would suspect the GEM and so far, know of no DIY (soldering iron based) repairs for it but if you were to pull it out and post good top-down and bottom-up high resolution pics of the circuit board then I'll take a look at them. Otherwise I'd first try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to see if that resets it.

If it's not GEM, underneath the hood there's two relays in the relay box that handle the wipers, they're cheap and it could be the one that controls the high speed stuck.

Back