and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Windshield Washer Pump Not Working?

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by thegame310, April 27, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. thegame310

thegame310 New Member

Year and Model:
      01 Sport
      Awhile ago, I had to get the windshield washer switch replaced in my 01 Explorer Sport. Ever since that happened, my wipers work fine...however ever since then the pump seems to not be working at all, as no fluid comes out at all.

Now, the pump worked fine before the switch got replaced (had issues with my turn signal, the replacement switch fixed those)

So...anyone have any ideas?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. bobflood

bobflood Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Powder Springs, GA
      Year and Model:
      1997 Eddie Bauer V8 2WD
      Was the "new" multifunction switch (MFS) really new or a junkyard part? Odds are either the WW switch part of the "new" switch is bad, or its a problem with the connector where the switch plugs in. If you had it done at a shop, take it back and get them to fix it correctly.

4. BrianDye

BrianDye I'll have another... Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Monroe, MI
      Year and Model:
      2006 XLT
      Do you hear the pump trying to pump? (Could be a hole in the hose somewhere), or you might want to try swapping relays.