1. Tip... Did you know that if you hold most smartphones sideways you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum?
    Dismiss Notice

for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Wipers Stuck in Up Position

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by fubtastik, January 12, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. fubtastik

fubtastik New Member

City, State:
      Vancouver, BC
      Year and Model:
      1991 Explorer 4x4
      My newly acquired 1991 Explorer has the wipers stuck in the up position on the windshield. I can hear clicking in the steering column when I put on the wipers but there is no movement on the windshield wipers.

Is this a multi-function switch problem, a motor problem or a ground problem??

I have looked at some of the other threads and seems to be the ground from the battery to the motor. Where is the ground located???

Thanks!!!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Cevigney

Cevigney Member

Year and Model:
      94 exploder
      I set mine up to be like that. In snowy area's like northern michigan (a.k.a southern canada) comes in handy so much weight saved on wipers.