and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Wire colors for CSM module for Remote Starter

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by 06Ex, August 2, 2008.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. 06Ex

06Ex New Member

City, State:
      Middletown CT
      Year and Model:
      06 Eddie Bauer V8 4x4
      Hello,

I'm looking to install a Code Alarm CA680 into my 06 Eddie Bauer with the keypad. This alarm was previously installed in my 05 F150 XLT.

I want to tie this unit into the keypad. On the last install I needed the wire colors/locations for the lock/unlock/2nd unlock from the CSM module. So i'm looking for the same info for this truck.

Does anyone have the wire colors/locations for the CSM module? I know the module itself is in the passenger rear kick panel, but heard that wires run along the drivers side front door sill. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. A Wise Guy

A Wise Guy Well-Known Member

City, State:
      McHenry, IL.
      Year and Model:
      '06 Limited Dark Cherry
      What do you accomplish by tying it into the keypad? Arm, disarm, start, stop? Just curious.

4. 06Ex

06Ex New Member

City, State:
      Middletown CT
      Year and Model:
      06 Eddie Bauer V8 4x4
      It would do exactly that- it would allow you to arm and disarm from they keypad. If you dont do that, if you arm the alarm from the remote, and then unlock with the keypad, the alarm will go off. and vice versa.

5. aaronajb1981

aaronajb1981 Active Member

City, State:
      Minneapolis, MN
      Year and Model:
      '06 XLS
      Ths standard lock and unlock you can get in the kick panel. But what it really sounds like is you want is a factory alarm arm and disarm. And ford explorers no longer have these wires in them. Their "factory" alarms are just glorified keyless entries with no alarm. the alarm part is actually the PATS system in the key.

Unless you can take your door panel apart and find these wires at the key switch in the door i think your S.O.L.

6. ac32cl

ac32cl New Member

Year and Model:
      06 xlt
      Constant 12 volts VIOLET/RED (16 ga) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS *
      Ignition 12 volts WHITE/ORANGE (16 ga) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
      Starter BLUE/WHITE (16 ga) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
      Dome Light YELLOW/GRAY (+) ** LOWER DRIVER KICK PANEL HARNESS ***
      Trunk Pin SAME AS DOME LIGHT
      Parking Lamp BLUE/WHITE (+) lOWER DRIVER DASH PANEL HARNESS **
      Lock GREY/YELLOW LOWER DRIVER KICK PANEL ** #201
      Unlock VIOLET/GREY LOWER DRIVER KICK PANEL **

#201- See Negative Pulse Door Lock Circuit Diagram *BLUE/RED Wire Fused At 50 amps located at (SBJ) In 32 Pin Connector. **Wire is also located at (SJB) Smart Junction Box Is Located High In The Drivers Kick Behind Fuse Box. *** Door Pin At Smart Junction Box see Tech Notes