Wire Diagram / Details for stock radio 04 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wire Diagram / Details for stock radio 04 Explorer

bebeard

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLS
Good Day All,

i'm looking for a wiring diagram for an 04' Explorer stock stereo. I'm needing to wire an inline converter to install a subwoofer to the system.

Thanks in advance,

Brook

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is one for the non audiophile system.

Scucci

Attachments

• 2004-Expy-Non-Audiophile-System-Schema.pdf
    49.9 KB · Views: 9,545

Thank you very much!

Thank you so much...

This is going to help me get my amp installed!

Brook

Hello, i'm not sure if you can answer this, but do you know what wire I use for the remote on for the amp? the Blk/pink or the Gry/Yel?

Thanks,
Brook

Blk/Pnk is hot when you turn the key on. Gry/Yel is hot when you turn the key to start. Blk/Pnk is what you want.

Thank you

Thanks for the post,

I can't wait to get started on this...

Thanks again,

Brook

Thread from the dead I know but do you have the diagram for the pioneer premium sound system with sub and all...also any other pics of what its supposed to look like my brother has a 04' sport trac he just bought and everything I've seen about these are totally bass ackwards compared to what my brothers has going on...sub under the passenger seat not allowing the seat to fold forward when it should be behind that seat???WTF is going on?

I realize this is a very old thread, but I recently got a 2004 Ford Explorer, and I installed my aftermarket Pioneer deck.

Currently, I'm about to install an aftermarket sub and amp to the system, which I know how to do...but I was wondering how if any of y'all know how I would be able to install the 8inch sub/amp that was stock with the car into my deck as well? Right now the wiring harness for the stock sub/amp is just hanging loose behind the deck.

Will I need to wire it into the RCA cables for my aftermarket sub/amp before plugging in to the deck?

TIA!

Here is one for the non audiophile system.

Scucci
Thank you! You're the first one who knows the difference between a Wire List and a Schematic!

Back