How to: - Speaker enclosure fabrication - WorkLog - 2 challenges 3 & 7. Just for Fun, Nothing Fancy!! | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Speaker enclosure fabrication - WorkLog - 2 challenges 3 & 7. Just for Fun, Nothing Fancy!!

Prefix for threads which are instructional.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this thing done yet?

LOL, no. Remember we are having to wait on one stinking cable that had to be special ordered. It seems to me it is being special built, LOL.

is that the only thing left?

I forget where the cable is needed, but I'm assuming it hooks into a relatively easy to access place. They could just give you the ex and you could bring it back when they get the cable.

It just infuriates me when I think of how long you've had to put up with this. I mean c'mon - a blind, 1 armed, retarded monkey could have done this much by now. Anyways, I'll stop ranting - I'm just mad at them for you and I want to go wring their necks :banghead:

I am also frustrated. To think of the times I wanted to run to the store to get something, like milk, bread, or even a pack of smokes. This has been one huge inconvienace for me from the start. 4 months going on 5. I better have one hell of a set-up, LOL. That cable runs from the dash to the left rear quarter panel where the boxes are installed. It is for the EQ. Sigh, if I only knew, there would be no EQ, LOL.

4 MONTHS!

dear god dude, i did not realize it had been that long

well, best of luck, go yell at um a bit and remind them you are still around...

LOL, it has been some time. After I yelled at them WAAYYYY back in March, they actually started working on it them. With all fairness to the new installer, he walked right into a hornet's nest with me. But he doing a jam up job from what I see. I will be entering my truck in the Texas Heat Wave coming in July if it's out then, ROFL.

Do I have patience or what?

more patience than me, thats for sure

i am giddy as a school girl wating for my indash to come in so i can finish my install!!!!!!

Ding dang, now my patience is really being tested. Just got a stinking letter from Pacific Coast Parts and said now the scheduled delivery date for that stinking cable is now 6/23/04. Dang Dang Dang. I have better words, but not with a keyboard. So read between the lines and you can imagine exactly what I am saying now. Will go in a few days and get some great pictures for yall. The amp rack is in and installed I am told. The neons under the 2 - 500's are white instead of red. Someone here said they had that din cable but was shorter and they were not using it. It that thing still available for use or what? I could have them move that large receiver to the dash area and make it work that away. But no one in town has that 13 (I think it is 13) din cable for the Alpine EQ. Right now I am as mad as hell, can't think straight. Time to go for a walk........................................................

Ronnie, what is so special about the cable? Can the end fittings be had or a shorter cable?

Many folks could make the cable for you with the correct fittings.

I don't know. The place we are putting the extra stuff such as XM, EQ, and some other stuff goes in the back panel. So it has to be the long one, they only make 2 sizes, a 5 ft and a 15 ft. I don't know of a place to get that cable except through alpine parts suppliers. It is a 13 din cable is all I know. Without it, no EQ. Not a major deal with the HU I have either, but as you see in some of the pictures, the EQ head is already been installed into the radio bezel. To change all of that now, would mean more money and probably another paint job on the bezel. So 1 delay causes another. I may tell them to hook it all up without the EQ and add the cable later. I mean the truck doesn't need to sit for that, but I wanted "EVERYTHING" done "BEFORE" I write out that final check. So yea, it is pretty important to me anyway.

DIN EXT/CABLE(13 PIN)FOR CONTROL UNIT 01E24397S01
This is for the ERA-G320 Alpine EQ.

if u can snag that shorter cable just have at it with wire snips and a soldering iron..make it as long as u need (within reason)

LOL, man oh man, I am looking hard. Someone here has the shorter cable. I even went to E-Bay and said the heck with it, I will buy the EQ and just use the cable. Guess what? Not 1 stinking one on E-Bay. Not 1. No cable and no where. So in my frustration I just called PC Parts again, now they tell me Setember for the cable. I am working hard on plan B now. 100 bucks for that cable shipped to my door step. I will add the (jssong clause) also. It must be workable, LOL.

Can your supplier tell you what stereo shops have purchased this cable? Then you call and see if they have it??????

LOL I asked that and also if they knew if any other alpine equipment used that same cable, of course I got the reply, I don't know sir. I just went and checked my garage again and there is not 1 stinking alpine cable laying around. This totally sucks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try Alpine Customer Service and see if by some way they can help ya.

Back