How to: - Speaker enclosure fabrication - WorkLog - 2 challenges 3 & 7. Just for Fun, Nothing Fancy!! | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Speaker enclosure fabrication - WorkLog - 2 challenges 3 & 7. Just for Fun, Nothing Fancy!!

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
OMG!! That is beautiful.You are so Lucky!! Congrats. O and how the hell did you win that??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is that a kegerator?

Just filled out a card at the Houston Home show. They pulled it out of the "lucky" hat pile, LOL. It does have a refigerator and stuff. They are mailing me a package so I can see and get more details on it. There web site is www.instantbackyard.com I guess someone is watching out for me, took $25 out of my pocket and rewarded it with $5400. LOL, what a trade off. What can I say?

Ronnie, what year(s) will that instrument cluster fit?

What did you have to pay for it?

Thanks......

aldive said:
Ronnie, what year(s) will that instrument cluster fit?

What did you have to pay for it?

Thanks......
It will replace the 98 to 01 models that have the existing black faced gauges with white needles but you have to use your existing gear cable, (the red needle that points to what gear it is in ) or get another one. The one that was on it, from 01-02 Sport models is too short, but I had an extra one and took me about 15 seconds to change it over. So it is good to go. I got that on E-Bay for $45 + shipping. Someone is selling brand new ones for $95 plus shipping I beleive. I seen them going as high as $175.00 I got lucky and won another low ball bid. When they listed it, they forgot to put the words Ford or Explorer in it and doing a search did not find it like normal. The one that I won also has the white odometer AND the white faced plate for PRND21 and that is unusual to find. Just things are going my way right now, knock on wood. Plus this one had almost the same exact mileage as my original one, so the odometer doesn't have to be "adjusted". Also if you get one that needs the odometer adjusted, I know a guy at Ford that can do it, but have no idea what he charges if anything.

BBQ_HotDogs said:
This is not an E-Bay grill either, and it is chrome. Flash messed it up some.

21512BilletGrille.jpg

Man... I sure hope you can return that billet grille... With all the goodluck you have been having i hate to bring this to your attention.. But that grille you bought will NOT fit on yer X.. That particular grill looks to be for an 02+ Explorer front end. The billet grille for your particular 95-01's should look like this:
SM7579.jpg

You can clearly see the shape difference between the two. Id bet that the bumper billet that was shipped to you is also the wrong one.. Wherever you bought it must have either made a mistake when listing the product on their site, or shipped the wrong package. Either way, id try to get that resolved ASAP as to avoid any problems with the company u purchased it from :-/

Hey tho, at least all the stereo stuff is coming along well.. and congrats on the BBq grille.

Oh no!! Thanks for pointing that out. I got it from Truckpeformance I beleive. Argg, it sure is different that's for sure. I'll get on it first thing tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

Ahh.. truckperformance.com

Ive done a good deal of business with www.truckperformance.com in the past. They are friendly and easy to deal with. Ive had to return an item to them one time because it didnt fit properly. They promptly sent the appropriate one, and i sent the wrong item back. It was a very painless incident, so I suspect you will have no problems exchanging it for the correct one.

You think the bumper grille is wrong too? They were not ordered at the same time.

.... bumper grille?

BBQ_HotDogs said:
You think the bumper grille is wrong too? They were not ordered at the same time.

Well if they were ordered at seperate times then I would not worry too much about it being the incorrect one. I cant imagine them screwing it up on 2 seperate occasions for the same person.. It looks to be about the right size for your X.. but i cant say for sure.

alright ye olde fart. Put the dentures in, grab the spectacles, and roll your walker upto the desk. Listen up and listen up good... I'm getting tired of you and your antics.... FIRST, you need to get some better glasses ASAP. You order the wrong billet grille... not exactly rocket science... and ontop of that you dont see the word BS written all over those installer's faces while you're talking to them. You gotta let these people stop dragging you around by your cane and beat them with it. :nono:

The tail wags the dog:
"And we continue. March 27, 2004. The amp rack. Taking shape and looks good to me. Lot's of sanding has been done. I hope this will all be completed by April 15th."

........ next week is May 12th........ MAY.... Not March, Not April, but MAY!!!!!! Hell, mothers dont take this long to give birth... and babies have a good sound system that comes STOCK!!!! Just wait an hour or two before feeding it and you'll get all the loud music you want...
If I were there I'd smack ya upside the head. Tell your woman to take the pants off and put 'em on yourself!

Anyways, just trying to keep you in line... that is what dads are for ya know...

:chug:

Ya killing me Jr., ya killing me!! LOL, ah too funny.

OK, remember the first amp rack got destroyed. We busted it up with a hammer. No excuse for a long install, but I am happy. They are adding allot of nice touches to it that I did not pay for. Of course I haven't seen the final bill either. ROFL.

OK, I need 2 things.
1) An overhead monitor. I wanted to go with the Alpine TMX-R705 Motorized Overhead Flip Down Monitor, but just can't find a good deal on one. The cheapest I have found it so far is 1299.
2) I need this remote, the RUX-4280 and the connections to 4 amps. It is actually a dash control center for all of the Alpine Amps. It will monitor the amp status and let's you make fine adjustments. Anyone in the stereo business and want to help? LOL, I need all the help I can get!!

i've got the rux 4280 its pretty freakin sweet

rjahr01 said:
i've got the rux 4280 its pretty freakin sweet
How many Alpine amps are you running on that RUX-4280 Controller?

AnabolicFrolic said:
Ive done a good deal of business with www.truckperformance.com in the past. They are friendly and easy to deal with. Ive had to return an item to them one time because it didnt fit properly. They promptly sent the appropriate one, and i sent the wrong item back. It was a very painless incident, so I suspect you will have no problems exchanging it for the correct one.
I had to email the pictures to Ian at truckperformance. He said he would get back with me today on it. I just wanted to thank you again for the heads up on the wrong part.

Well you said you wanted me to take more pictures. So I may have gotten a little camera crazy this time. But I snapped everything.
OK, the amp rack came in today from the paint shop. Now all the parts are scattered all over and I just started shooting pictures. Sorry if they are not in the right order and stuff. It will probably look allot better once all the parts are togeather and stuff. But here goes.

A few shots of my dirty truck. Remember it's been sitting since 1-6

215125-7TruckFront.JPG

215125-7TruckRDoor.JPG

215125-7Truck.JPG

215125-7Truck2.JPG

Here are a few shots of the console pieces, cupholder and computer part

21512DSC00065.JPG

21512DSC00064.JPG

With both clips, LOL.
21512DSC00066.JPG

215125-7Console1.JPG

215125-7ConsoleTissue2.JPG

215125-7ConsoleTissue.JPG

The Over Head Console Piece

215125-7OHConsole.JPG

The Radio Bezel

215125-7RadioBezel2.JPG

215125-7RadioBezel.JPG

And here is the amp rack. It will be toned down allot with the amps and other things that go on it.

215125-7AmpRack2.JPG

215125-7AmpRack3.JPG

215125-7AmpRack4.JPG

215125-7AmpRack5.JPG

215125-7AmpRack.JPG

The next 2 shots are that wood trim piece that goes on the rear. The piece that goes on the front is not ready, we turned it down for a re-paint.

215125-7AmpRackPart2.JPG

215125-7AmpRackPart.JPG

A naked console.

215125-7OpenConsoleView.JPG

A naked OverHead Console

215125-7OHConsole2.JPG

The existing instrument cluster

215125-7Dash.JPG

The new instrument cluster and new bezel

215125-7NewCluster2.JPG

215125-7NewCluster.JPG

The new Mac Intake

215125-7Engine2.JPG

215125-7Engine.JPG

The battery under the hood with new connections

215125-7Engine3.JPG

He told me what that was in the background, but I forgot.
215125-7Engine4.JPG

The old grill

215125-7OldGrill.JPG

The new grill, of course this will be cut to install the Billet Grille

215125-7NewGrill.JPG

I have been looking to die/paint the radio bezal trim piece a red color almost the same as you have done there. But what I need to find out is how to do that in a professional looking way. Basically I need the paint to stick, and I need a way to coat it so it won't fade/chip in this texas sun. ANY help you could give me as to how to do that with regard to types of paint/laquer coating would be awesome.

Looks amazing!

It is painted and clear coated is all I know. A painter could probably give you those exact details that you need to do it also.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back