Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
City, State
Charleston, South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Sport
http://www.explorerexpress.com/sporttrac/suspension.html

would this work for the 03 sport, not sport trac but just sport. BUT could i do that if i got my 5" lift from spindles, TT, and a SOA and then wanted that to just add some better suspension and handling. it says something about lowing but i assumed it was talking about the product lower down on the page, if it's talking about that lowing then yeah.... that's not going to work, but i was just curious.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You want a "performance handling" kit for your 5" lifted rig? :confused:

Robb said:
You want a "performance handling" kit for your 5" lifted rig? :confused:

...heh, yeah, I can understand the theory to make up for lost handling from lifting the truck...don't know if this is common practice, but it makes sence what you're going for, I believe....

*note, I am not stating it will work or not, as I just don't know. Just making comments*

some of those components might not fit with that much lift.. im almost positive for example that those shocks will be pulled to their max. extension with a 5" lift. if you wanted better "handling", maybe you should lean towards a street machine instead (no lift).

nah, im definately going lift, i was just checking to see if it'd work b/c then you could have the best of both worlds there

they do make extensions for lift ktis to keep your swaybars... but jsut a note a 5" lifted truck isnt going to be workign with a shock thats for a lowered truck

XplorerWannabe said:
have the best of both worlds there

having a lifted X that handles great somewhat difficult... the TT for example will make your X very stiff in the front.. mine is stiff enough so that i can lift one wheel off of the ground if i gun the gas from a stand still while the steering wheel is turned (the "inside" front wheel lifts off of the ground). your X will also "hop" more when you're making a turn and you run over small bumps on the road (such as grooves on a busy intersection that have resulted from thousands of cars running over the same path).. this is due to the front not compressing as much as it should so its not able to conform to the bumps and dips on the road... so the tires tends to hop on the "back" side of the bumps.

Wrong Forum

You have a 2003 sport. This forum is for 95-2001 stock Explorer questions, not questions about modifications, and not about suspension kits. I moved you other thread to the appropriate forum and I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back