and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Wanted WTB: '91 explorer engine

Discussion in 'Parts and Vehicles Wanted' started by LArifleMAN, October 23, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. LArifleMAN

LArifleMAN New Member

City, State:
      Oceanside, CA
      Year and Model:
      1991 Explorer
      Like the title says, I need a running 4.0L engine w/egr(Cali registered).

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. MercuryMullet

MercuryMullet Active Member

City, State:
      el cajon ca
      Year and Model:
      97 mercury mountaineer
      I have a 93 at my house in El Cajon. My buddy bought it as a project does not want motor or trans. I have not heard it run. Was told it ran with 160xxx on it bought it from a friend of a friend. Inner fenders are gone but should be able to get it started because it is all there. I would have to call my buddy but he was in the neighborhood of 500 for engine/trans and all wiring last I asked. It has california plates and I have a smog cert from not to long ago. Still in truck I would do what I could to help pull it. I have a cherry picker.

619-573-8487
      Gary

4. Ford008

Ford008 Active Member

City, State:
      Oak Harbor, WA
      Year and Model:
      98 5.0 Mountaineer
      I'm the buddy that owns the 93 ^. It looks like all the parts to make it run are there and it shouldn't take too much time to get it running to check it out. I will be down there the weekend of 10 Dec to drop off Gary's truck and pick that one up. I am not planning on using that engine and trans (A4LD 2wd) or even the rear axle, so if you are interested, I am fairly motivated (it will be getting a similar treatment as Gary's truck). Give Gary a call and if you want, swing down and see if you guys can get it running and make an offer. Gary has my number and has a good idea what I would like out of it, so he can speak on my behalf.

Ivan