and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

WTB or even a link for New RAP module 96 XLT

Discussion in 'Parts and Vehicles Wanted' started by BearExplorer, February 28, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. BearExplorer

BearExplorer New Member

City, State:
      SE Wisconsin
      Year and Model:
      96 XLT 4.0L
      So I believe my RAP module has bit the dust. Went to the Ford stealership at lunch to be told the RAP module is obsolete. :(

I would prefer not to get a used one (and gamble it might be dead or soon be dead) so where can I find a NEW one. There has to be somewhere on-line to order a NEW one yet I could not find one.

Any info would be greatly appreciated (including if anyone knows compatible part numbers).

Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. kbabiak

kbabiak Well-Known Member

City, State:
      folsom,PA
      Year and Model:
      91 to 04 Explorer
      hi i have some used one if you give me the #s off yours i will see if we have the same one thanks,karl

4. Blkbart

Blkbart New Member

City, State:
      So Cal - California
      Year and Model:
      2002 Ford
      I have a brand new one for you!

Hello,
      I think I have a brand new one for you! I just purchased a second one from my local Ford dealer for my daughter's 2002. On the first one I didn't do my homework and bought one for an earlier model which I think will work for you. The part number is F87Z-15604-AA on the Ford Motor Company box. The part number on the module itself is YL1F-15K602-AA. It also includes the plastic card with the access code numbers and how to program it. I'll ship it to you for $100 total. You can probably check with a Ford parts guy the numbers I have listed...
      I paid $150 plus shipping for it.
      Thanks,
      Bart
      Blkbartolo@sbcglobal.net