• Register Today It's free!

Wtf?

JonC

Reaction score
City, State
Derby
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 UK spec - LPG soon!
Right guys, while I'm hunting for an air leak ( I can hear it but I can't see it) I've noticed what looks like a small solenoid or a round-cased relay and it's unplugged!

It's above the left bank, near the back, just ahead of the heater matrix connections and what I think is the wiper motor housing. It's next to a small, round filter-type thing.

Before I plug it back in and kill something, does anyone know what it is and what it controls?

I'm halfway between it being left unplugged accidentally and being pulled deliberately by the previous animal, sorry, owner.

The only thing I can think of that's never worked since I've had it is the rear wiper but I don't know........

Can anyone help please?

Cheers!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you post a photo so maybe we can help identify what is disconnected. I believe that you have a right side drive while us on the other side of the pond have things on the other side.
Does your heater work?
I had a vac hose off on my 97 which took a while to find. The vac controller was way down below the alt where it was hard to see. My son's 95 is located right up on top and easy to see. So things could be anywhere.

Right guys, while I'm hunting for an air leak ( I can hear it but I can't see it) I've noticed what looks like a small solenoid or a round-cased relay and it's unplugged!

It's above the left bank, near the back, just ahead of the heater matrix connections and what I think is the wiper motor housing. It's next to a small, round filter-type thing.

Before I plug it back in and kill something, does anyone know what it is and what it controls?

I'm halfway between it being left unplugged accidentally and being pulled deliberately by the previous animal, sorry, owner.

The only thing I can think of that's never worked since I've had it is the rear wiper but I don't know........

Can anyone help please?

Cheers!

Sorry didn see this sooner as i been a busy boy!

Is it on a bracket on the rocker cover, elec connector pointing to the rear with couple of vacuum tubes beneath the elec connector????
If so it is the egr vacumm solenoid a la this. Tho this pic shows it on its side

Hi Jan,

I didn't get a notification so I've only just seen your post.

That's not the device in question - that's the thing immediately next to it. It's got what looks like a conventional SRB501 relay housing on top but it's got side (rear) connections and it's a Deutsch-style two-pin connection.

I plugged it back in and nothing went bang, in fact I'm not sure there's any detectable change in anything but there's always something distracting on my truck so I might have missed something!

Any clues?

This is the gizmo:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Any clues anyone?

VALVE ASSY, Thermactor Air Control Solenoid Vacuum E7TE 9H465-AA E7TZ 9H465-A

If you unclip it from the bracket there is a part number on the side facing the egr solenoid. A quick gooooogly revealed the above

Back