X with 20" rims, SOHC turbo and NOS on ebay | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X with 20" rims, SOHC turbo and NOS on ebay

he is what is wrong with the internet. LOL I made my wet dream real but there is no way i would sell it. this guys is a big joke.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I just read his whole "story" on his site. It's all BS. First of all, the mods and work he lists would cost at least 12k. He lists parts for his "DOHC" 4.0 that aren't even available for the SOHC, and would need to be totally custom (TB, pistons, etc). Oh, I think he also stole my Porsche stories from this forum :) LOL!

Anyway, he's full of horsedookie. And if he's not, I want the number of his stockbroker or rich uncle!

lol

so he says that his 1994 explorer came with a 4.0 SOHC, then he swapped it with a 4.0 DOHC from a 99 ranger (does ford even make a DOHC 4.0 V6?)....

Yeah

Yeah i think they do but not for the year he listed...

Originally posted by leenjen
so he says that his 1994 explorer came with a 4.0 SOHC, then he swapped it with a 4.0 DOHC from a 99 ranger (does ford even make a DOHC 4.0 V6?)....

I am 99% sure Ford never produced a DOHC 4.0 V6.

No, I think there are DOHC 4.6 and 5.4 V8s.

Originally posted by Alec
No, I think there are DOHC 4.6 and 5.4 V8s.

Yeah, the 4.6 is the mustang, and the 5.4 is for the pickup/expedition

My dad has a 3.something 24V DOHC V6 in his Taurus

Originally posted by ok89

Its the SHO Taurus right??

Originally posted by ok89

yeah, that should be the taurus sho with the high output yamaha engine.

the dohc 4.6 is in the cobras, the dohc 3.0 is in svt contours, the dohc 5.4 is in the navigator, is there something i don;t know. i would love to be able to get that 5.4 in a different vehicle but i thought that navigator and maybe the big lincoln cars were the only way to get that engine. i want one in my x lol. i think i saw a cobra prototype on tv with the 5.4 dohc that was making around 550 horsepower and 500 pounds of torque. i should just swap that in and put a blower on it. am i right that the lincolns are the oly way to get that 5.4 dohc?

There are only a hand full of dohc 4.0 in the whole world well at least ranger and explorer ones any ways. they use 7,000 dollar cosworth racing heads. he may have gotten confused with the ohc and the sohc. it does not matter because i will give him a nice wooping any ways.

Yeah Troll give it to him

his auctin mysteriously ended early becuase the item is no longer for sale. hmmm i wonder what that means. like i said before the people in seattle should beat him!
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

wtf i just wrote hammer hammer hammer and it didn't turn into smilies it looks really dumb. oh well. that guy has obviously been to our sight before, and he obviously does own an x. i say we figure out who he is and if he ever shows his face here again we try to get to the bottom of this farce

oh yeah, that was my auction...

Originally posted by flyguy
oh yeah, that was my auction...

No way, are you serious??? Whats the deal then with the X.

Originally posted by expo5.0
the dohc 4.6 is in the cobras, the dohc 3.0 is in svt contours, the dohc 5.4 is in the navigator, is there something i don;t know. i would love to be able to get that 5.4 in a different vehicle but i thought that navigator and maybe the big lincoln cars were the only way to get that engine. i want one in my x lol. i think i saw a cobra prototype on tv with the 5.4 dohc that was making around 550 horsepower and 500 pounds of torque. i should just swap that in and put a blower on it. am i right that the lincolns are the oly way to get that 5.4 dohc?

Actually the Cobra prototype you're referring to is a production vehicle. It is the 2000 Mustang Cobra R. To my knowledge it is one of two vehicles that uses the DOHC 5.4L.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ITS MY AWKSHUN!!

Actually it was my auction and it was for real. Then I woke up and realized I was just having a wet dream. My X is hotter than yours. Just check my signature.

I'm even cooler than Troll!!

Back