X with 20" rims, SOHC turbo and NOS on ebay | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X with 20" rims, SOHC turbo and NOS on ebay

you dont kick any ones A$$ yet because know one here has provided pictures of the engine in the truck with the mods claimed. even if it does exist it is not nicer then trucks truck. He has a top notch all out setup on his truck and a turbo 4.0 would not even come close to it. once agian i will belive it when i see it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I kick everyone's A$$. Especially, ExExplorerowner's!

I'll believe it when I see it too! Poser thinks he owns MY truck. We'll see . . . where's the pictures at?

Originally posted by I.M. Lame
We'll see . . . where's the pictures at?

Exactly...so if it is your truck, post some pictures

You guyz are all on crack .... that was my truck and i sold it to my friends great grandmother so she can go grocery shopping. She loves the power everytime she leave the driveway she leaves 100ft strips of rubber on the pavement. The neighbors complain but hey they will get over it.

Originally posted by JoeC5
How much HP does it have???

Well... the loan that I bought my X with was meant to go for a 1999 Contour SVT, but it fell through and I found my baby. Anyways, the 1998.5-2001 Contour SVT didn't change much = max hp of 195-200 (stock) and torque of about 163-168 (stock)

Originally posted by Michigander

Well... the loan that I bought my X with was meant to go for a 1999 Contour SVT, but it fell through and I found my baby. Anyways, the 1998.5-2001 Contour SVT didn't change much = max hp of 195-200 (stock) and torque of about 163-168 (stock)

not bad for a 2.5L engine. Puts the 4.0 to shame with those HP numbers.

my 91 SHO 3.0 has 220HP that ant bad for a 10 year old designed motor.

What was ford thinking when they put that wimpy motor in the X. Granted, it is a very reliable motor, but waaaayyyy to wimpy. I dont drive my X anymore anyway. Man its going to be a hard adjustment, going from the vette back to the X. With this weather we are having I should be able to get at least another month out of driving this baby before it gets put away for the winter.

i am going to build my self a SHO motor powered ranger in the next six months or so because i need a pickup truck for moving motors around and i dont want to us my SHO for that but i love the motor and think it would be a great idea way better then hot rodding a vulcan 3.0 or 4.0 . any pictures yet guys.

Gotta love it...SHO Ranger, I cant wait to see the finished product. Please hurry :)

What was ford thinking when they put that wimpy motor in the X. Granted, it is a very reliable motor, but waaaayyyy to wimpy. I dont drive my X anymore anyway. Man its going to be a hard adjustment, going from the vette back to the X. With this weather we are having I should be able to get at least another month out of driving this baby before it gets put away for the winter.

Wimpy? Who ever said explorers were supposed to be race cars? The 4.0 is a torquey motor that is great for what it's designed to do. It has plenty of grunt for towing medium duty loads and even offroad it's plenty powerful.

Who said they are supposed to be race cars?? I know I didnt. I dont know what motor you findy "torqy", but I find that the OHV lacks it. All I said is that they didnt put enough power in the motor. For such a heavy vehicle it is certainly underpowered.

there is no excuss for under powering a car now a days due to such great new technology. that is why they changed to the sohc to make more power but it still comes at a cost with every thing there are trade off's that is how life is.

Originally posted by blk mk8
i am going to build my self a SHO motor powered ranger in the next six months or so because i need a pickup truck for moving motors around and i dont want to us my SHO for that but i love the motor and think it would be a great idea way better then hot rodding a vulcan 3.0 or 4.0 . any pictures yet guys.

Be sure to keep us updated..You can start a thread in the the brand new Projects Forum

i think 160 hp is fine. i dont floor it all that much anymore. but i mean but i like the sohc a bit more. its 5 speed and seems to take less pedal to get moving. I think the sohc is a smoother engine than the ohv but i think the ohv is fine for a truck. Either way at least the x isnt the slowest car out there.

Yeah, I like the SOHC much more. All 210 horses. They should make it more though. Chevy has got the idea, 270HP in their new V6 Trailblazer :)

Yeah, I like the SOHC much more. All 210 horses. They should make it more though. Chevy has got the idea, 270HP in their new V6 Trailblazer :)

does anyone know why the SOHC in the sports only puts out 203hp, and the 4 doors have 210?

i'd love to have a straight 6 with 270hp in my explorer.
is the trailblazer available with a manual transmission?

As far as I know, they do not offer a manual in the trailblazer. Thats whats in it, a straight 6?. Makes sense, those straight 6 are no joke. My mom had a 96 grand cherokee with the 6 and that thing flew.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back