Xcalibrator2 and using with 2 vehicles? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Xcalibrator2 and using with 2 vehicles?

eisman

Reaction score
City, State
USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLT
My father has an '05 Mustang GT and a '03 explorer. He bought an Xcalibrator 2 to tune the Mustang and wants to flash the explorer too. I have 2 questions:

1. What do I have to do/buy to enable the Xcalibrator to be able to work with both vehicles.

2. What is available, program wise, for the '03 4.6L Explorer? It has a modified intake and a Borla cat-back exhaust.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Buy another Xcal.

You can have an XC2 work with more than one vehicle, just not at the same time. You have to return it to stock before it can be attached to another. It's SCT's way of preventing you from sharing the tunes across several vehicles. Makes sense from a business point of view.

So there is a program for the '03 Explorer with the 4.6?

eisman said:
So there is a program for the '03 Explorer with the 4.6?

There is a program for any vehicle. Contact Doug at bamachips.com. Custom tunes are where it's at.

celly said:
You can have an XC2 work with more than one vehicle, just not at the same time. You have to return it to stock before it can be attached to another. It's SCT's way of preventing you from sharing the tunes across several vehicles. Makes sense from a business point of view.

It does make sense from a business point of view but there is another reason. When I had Doug make programs for mine it is "vehicle specific". The program is for my engine, my gearing, my transmission, my mods, etc..
It makes sense that you would mess things up trying to put my 4.0 program in a Mustang with a 5.0. :eek:

Back