XLT Cloth To Eddie Bauer Leather Questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

XLT Cloth To Eddie Bauer Leather Questions

huntersteve61

Reaction score
City, State
Finleyville, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT 4Dr.
Hey I have a chance to upgrade from the 99 cloth seats with driver power and pass man adjust to leather eddie bauer the difference being obviously leather and both are power. Will a power connect be there? will it be an issue and is this worth it? I could have limited heated leather for an additional 50 bucks but I was figuring on just getting the eddies as the heat option prob will be a pain to wire. I thank you for all input on this

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I put some Limited leather in my XLT leather truck, and the harness needed work- the Limited seats had more wires than my regular XLT leather did. I had to fit the wires from the Limited seats into my old XLT harness to work. Also- there wasn't any power wired to my buddies' manual passenger seat side on his Ex.

I took the Limited seats out a few months back and put my XLT seats back in, as the Limited seats offered no leg or bolster support, and I liked my XLT seats better. The Limited seats were too flat, they felt like a bench seat to me, but that's my personal opinion. :)

What about eddie bauer leather seats? and how did you manage power to the passenger side? Its hard to believe the leads wouldn't be run right to it... I suppose not life altering but I just am checking the issues before I purchase the seats. price is right

Other than the electrical connections, are the seats (Frame, padding, covers) the same? If so, then have you considered just replacing the cover only?

I did something similar on my '97: unbolted and removed both front seats, removed both covers (back and base), swapped driver and passenger seat foam (driver foam was severely compressed at an angle, left me leaning forward and towards the door; passenger was basically unused), reinstalled the covers and then bolted the seats back in the truck.

Got the idea from watching one of those saturday morning car shows - they happened to be replacing the covers for some SUV with new leather aftermarket covers. Just go slow when you're peeling off the seatback cover, there's velcro glued to the foam that'll tear the foam if you don't go slow enough.

Of course, if I'd thought about it at the time, I'd taken pictures...

The Limited seats are different than the XLT/Eddie seats, including the foams.

The covers are different as well, obviously, and the driver and passenger seat covers are different as well, for sure the inside edges of the leather seat bottoms have a fabric covering them to create less friction and wear and be quieter when moving against the plastic of the console.

Another tact you can take without removing the covers is to remove the seat, take the seatback off, pop the cover open, and stuff some cotton/poly batting (the stuff you fill pillows with) in there. You can reach all the way to the front, as well as the seatback. My Ex seats are soft like a couch now and I didn't have to dismantle everything and only had to mess with my driver's seat... :)

I was going to take the EB seats since they are the same and bolt in the same and swap the whole set. For 60 bucks how can I say no... I just was curious on pass power seat from manual i currently have....

SO, Does anyone know if a 2007 eddie bauer would be pre-wired for heated seats? even if it doesent currently have them.

Just incase anyone searches this later on. If you plan to swap powered seats into a truck that does not have passenger power there is a thread on this website that tells you which wires on the seats are Positive and ground I put a set of leather seats from a 99 or 00 into my 96 over the summer and clipped the pig tail end off the seats and wired directly to the battery. If you have a power driver seat you can splice into the wiring that's already there for your passenger seat.

Back