Xlt explorer custom_s 1997 | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Xlt explorer custom_s 1997

Hey Glenn, where did you find those nifty 2" rear shock extensions?

yeah Juggernaut31, I got these from online and here's the site and it meant for 2005-2013 FORD F-250/F-350/F-450 FRONT SHOCK EXTENSIONS but it fits 100% and its pretty strong...

p2nwBWkKGrHqIH-EQEtq40uHeZBLcgv8t3L_12_zpsf5cd3d9a.jpg

http://stores.ebay.com/AUTO-SPRING-KITS/Ford-/_i.html?_fsub=17812136

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I feel that a lot of this work you have done will be quickly destroyed when you go truly offroad. If I had lights positioned like yours on the rear they would be smashed off very quickly. I'm actually surprised you havn't built a skid plate for your radiator up the front yet (it's really a big issue)

I feel that a lot of this work you have done will be quickly destroyed when you go truly offroad. If I had lights positioned like yours on the rear they would be smashed off very quickly. I'm actually surprised you havn't built a skid plate for your radiator up the front yet (it's really a big issue)

I thinking same thing aye, but i tried something moderate offroading and it did actually survived.. Just having issues on slipping cos I still have a stock front and rear diff.
My first reverse light got totalled but this time is more secured/higher and it has a plate under it from the tow bar...
yeah front skid plate still in the process but I'll get there and see how it all goes...
How's ur Xplorer?

Unhook the sway bar from the pins.

Yes i did the rear already and i made an extra 2inches stretched out from it... I tried the front but no difference, as the front upper control arm already touching on the chassis and I guess soon the CV's will pop out if ever...

Ingenious Idea. I like those shock extensions, any negativities with them?? Seems like a great and easy idea!

Ingenious Idea. I like those shock extensions, any negativities with them?? Seems like a great and easy idea!

Thanks! yeah the rear shocks extensions are really good and fit 100%, solid built and it does the job.... ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back