Xm radio issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Xm radio issue

londo M.

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 explorer limited
I have had this small issue for several years and I finally contacted xm about it but got no where as they had no knowledge or record of anyone else have it.

What it is is the alert feature for all the stations to alert you to an artist or song presently playing on a station you are not listening to. If I want to know when any chicago song comes on, a popup shows up to allow me to change the station.

What is happening on mine is the alert buttons are greyed out 100% of the time on the comedy channels and randomly on others with sometimes the song but not the artist is greyed out.

All they could think of doing was a cold reboot buy turning off the xm for 1 day which did nothing. Goggling got nothing.

I had my apim changed in August and it was happening before that.

I have a portable xm radio I use at work and all the alerts work on that one.

If anyone has the xm turned on and a 2011, do you have both alert buttons on channels 94,95, 98 which are the 100% on mine greyed out?
Just trying to elimate anything else as a reason.

I've noticed this on a smaller scale. At one time I tried to set an alert for Carlos Mencia and it wouldn't let me. Never tried again or for any other comedian. Never seen this for songs or artists. The 20 alert limit is the piece that irritates me, since I've hit this limit I've not tried adding more. I don't drive our vehicle with MFT much anymore. I'll try to test the next time I do. Same happens on our 2012 focus with MFT as well.

SYNC 3 works the same way.

Back