• Register Today It's free!

XM Radio Mount

Y2KFirehawk

Reaction score
City, State
Lehigh Valley, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'22 Bronco Wildtrak
Has anyone mounted an XM radio in their '06+ Explorer?

I don't want to stick it to the front of the passenger dash or on top and take away from the clean look.... :thumbdwn:

My only other thought I had would be to do a "cup-holder mount" type thing, which would work out well because the 3.5mm jack and power are right there (in my '07)

I wish the remotes were RF instead of infrared then I would just put it in the console! :)

Anyone have pictures of their install? Maybe it won't look as bad as I think up on the dash... Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have an XM commander and have placed the box in the dash with the control unit on the left side of the pod on the ceiling. Fits well, easy to see and adjust. If you have an 07 call the guy that runs this site. He offers a system to have XM directly through the stereo. Unfortunately the stereo in my 06 won't work with this.

http://oem-auto-accessory.com/factory_ford_radios.html

bojans, that is one sexy solution! Thanks for sharing, I am definitely going to take a look in to that!

If you use the Terk Commander, you can flush mount it into your console.

No room to flush mount it in the 06. No room to mount anything anywhere in the 06

No room to flush mount it in the 06. No room to mount anything anywhere in the 06

In the XLT, that flat panel in front of the shifter is blank, but the EB/Limited has buttons there. If you are handy with fiberglass, you can make a mount above your radio like in mine..

I wish I could find some pictures of how I did my f150. I basically made a mount just like in my Explorer, but on piece that goes around the radio (the '06 Explorer dash is very similar to my F150)

carputer045-1.jpg

Back